Raven Chapter 3

He was gone again. They had went out to check on him, and found a note on a bench that said that Sans would be back in a bit. Papyrus was still worried, though he trusted that Sans would be back soon.

That was a week ago. Now Papyrus was starting to get worried. What if he got hurt? What if he was in trouble? What if....

There was a knock at the door. Rushing over, Papyrus hurriedly threw open the lock to see his brother standing there just like before. And just like before he gave his brother a bear hug.

"Ow! Paps... Thanks but that kinda hurts!" Sans said, struggling to get out of his brothers embrace.

"Sorry Sans... I was just worried that's all. I... was just so worried.."

"Hey Paps.. It's okay! You know that I'll always come back no matter what. There's no need to get worried."

"Fine, but next time you go somewhere, can you tell me in person?" Papyrus asked, entering the house with his brother.

"Promise." Sans said taking off his coat and letting his wings stretch out.

"Why do you even bother wearing a coat? It's not like we don't know about it." Papyrus said, as his brother was stretching.

"Oh yeah. Thats a great idea! If a skellington didn't freak out the humans, skellington with gigantic wings surely won't scare them either!" Sans said sarcastically.

"I see your point. There's no need for sarcasm. But Sans... Shouldn't you just be yourself? Just because someone might not like you for it doesn't mean you shouldn't embrace who you are."

"Maybe... But just not right now. I just don't feel that comfortable yet. M'kay?"

"Sure Sans. Oh and Sans?"

"Yeah Paps?"

"I was wondering.... If you could move back into your old room? It's still exactly as you left it."

"Sure Paps."

"Really? You'll do it?" Paps said, bouncing up and down with delight.

"Sure why not, but you'll have to let me get my things first." Sans said.

"I'll come with you!" Papyrus said.

"Uh Papyrus, I don't know if that's a good idea.."

"Nonsense! I the Great Papyrus will help you get your things!"

"Okay, just let me get my jacket on."

"Oh no you don't! You sir are going without your jacket whether you like it or not!" Papyrus said, swiping Sans's jacket away from him.

"But Papyrus! I can't! What if I run across someone we knew? What if the humans are scared of me? What if I."

"Sans calm down! You'll be fine! For I the Great Papyrus is here for you! There will be no need to fret! And if we run across someone we know, you can say it's a long story and you'll tell them later!" Papyrus said, interrupting Sans.

"Heh. Fine I'll do it. Gee, how did I end up with a brother as cool as you?"

"Just lucky I suppose!"

The two brothers went outside together for the first time in a long time. Looking down the street, he saw humans and monsters alike, some of which he recognized. Most of the monsters chose to live close by one another, but some of them wanted to travel.

"Can't we just drive?" Sans asked Papyrus.

"That depends how far away it is!"

"A couple miles... Then we have to cut through the forest a bit." Sans said, his wings twitching nervously.