Epilogue

The first thing he became aware of where voices. Around him he could just make out a slight buzz of voices, but he couldn't hear what they were saying. He strained his arms, trying for any cognitive movement, but all he accomplished was a slight twitch of his fingers. The small movement was enough to get the attention of the people next to him.

"S.....? A...e ..u ....e?" The voice said, though it was blurred, like talking through a wall.

"Sa..! D..'t y.. ..er .. ..at ...gain!" He was able to make out a bit more of what was being said, but not all of it.

By power of will alone, Sans was able to crack open his eyes a bit, but his vision was blurred. He could just make out a tall white blob and a tall blue blob looking at him. He guessed that the blobs where Undyne and Papyrus. Beginning to have more feeling in his bones, he twitched his fingers a bit more, able to curl them up into his palm, and he was beginning to regain feeling in his wings too.

"G.od mor..ng slee..he.d." The undyne shaped blob said when she notices his half focused eyes.

"Mrmph." He grumbled, trying to speak, but utterly failing.

"Und..e, c.. you go a.. get so.. Wat.. f..m t.e k...hen?" His brother asked.

Undyne got up and left the room, leaving the two brothers alone in the living room.

"Oh Sans.... You had me so worried. You... I thought that you were... hurt... or worse.... And then we find you.... And then your tased, and.... Oh Sans I'm so glad you're okay!" His brother said, burying his half conscious brother in a hug.

"Iss Okaayy." Sans slurred, gaining enough consciousness to speak.

The two brothers sat like that for a while until Undyne returned from the kitchen with a glass of water, which she sat on the Table next to the couch, before sitting down on the floor using the couch as a backrest. Slowly, Sans propped himself up on his elbow, taking a sip of the water.

"Sans... What happened?" Undyne asked him after a moment.

"Wh-what do y-you mean?" Sans asked, still unable to speak perfectly.

"Everything! One second you disappear, then you reappear, then your kidnapped!" Undyne answered, her voice gradually getting louder.

"And then at the end of it all, we finally find you, and then you start to speak in this weird language, and then you get yourself tased! So tell me Sans, who are they?" Undyne asked, shouting now.

"I DON'T KNOW!" He shouted unexpectedly before slumping back down, his head in his hands.

"I don't know..." Undyne realised she had gone too far.

"Look... I'm sorry. We've all just been pretty worried about you... Sans what was that language? I feel like... I've heard it before." She asked, her voice softer than before.

"It's.... It's noth..." Sans said before he was cut off by his brother.

"Sans. Something that gets you to stop in the middle of a fight, isn't nothing." Papyrus said, looking him in the eyes as his wings twitched nervously.

"It... It was Wingdings... Dad's font..." He said, trailing off as he gazed at the floor.

"So that's why you stopped. What did he say to you?" Papyrus asked, worry etched into his features like a statue.

"I.... I don't want to talk about it..." Sans said, his wings instinctively wrapping around himself.

"That's okay. If you don't want to talk about it right now it's okay. Can you eat?" Papyrus asked him, standing up.

"Yeah."

"Then I'll go get you some food." He said as he walked away, leaving him alone with Undyne.

Together the two friends sat together in silence. It was a comfortable silence, both of them knowing that no matter what, everything would be okay. But in the corner of his thoughts, Sans knew what he had to do.

He had to search.