chapter 1: summer lovin'

Jasmine's p.o.v

I sighed as I threw the covers off of me. First day of school, junior year, yay! I'm just kidding, I'm not looking forward to this year at all, especially not after my break up this summer. I trudged over to the bathroom and started started brushing my teeth and dealing with my mess of hair. By the time I'm dressed, I hear a groan and someone shout curse words. I roll my eyes and assume it's Anthony, he lives in apartment across from my family's. Our windows face each other and he always keeps his open. I head over to my window and fling it open.

"Looks like someone's excited for school." I say in a singsongy voice

"Shut up Jas." I hear him grumble

"Hey, you're not aloud to call me that." I shout

"Oh sorry about that, Jas." He says smirking

"Anthony Ramos Martinez, you are the most annoying human being alive. It's no wonder you can't get a girlfriend." I huff crossing my arms across my chest.

"Jasmine, we've been friends since we were 5 years old. Along with Pippa, Oak, Lin, Renée, and Daveed. Everybody calls you Jas! What's changed?" He yells as he changes his shirt

"N-nothing." I stutter

"Whatever you say." Anthony grumbles grabbing his backpack "am I still giving you a ride to school?" He asks grabbing his keys

"Yes. I'll be outside in 5 minutes." I say grabbing my own backpack

"Okay see you then!" He shouts

The truth is, my ex boyfriend always called me Jas. Whenever he called me that, I felt all warm and tingly inside. When he dumped me, that flame went out and the nickname didn't have the same meaning anymore. But when Anthony called me that, that flame came back, and stronger. I couldn't possibly be falling for my best friend right? I shook off whatever I was feeling for Anthony and headed outside. I leaned against his car waiting for him to drive me to school.

"Ready?" He asks spinning the keys around his finger

"As ready as I'll ever be." I mumble climbing into his passengers seat. I sit down and buckle my seat and stare out the window at the New York scenery.

"Can I ask you a question?" Anthony asks interrupting my thoughts.

"Yep." I say whipping my head around to meet his. I can't tell put stare. His curly hair that he always calls a burden, has never looked so perfect. His dark eyes seem to draw me in deeper and deeper with every blink. And his freckles, oh lord don't get me started. They look like...like...constellations.

"Jazzy? Did you even hear me?" He chuckles

"Uh no sorry." I reply embarrassed

"I asked what your first class was." He says concentrating on the road.

"AP English." I say curtly

"I can't believe you're taking all AP classes." He says astonished

"What can I say? I like a challenge." I laugh

After minutes of meaningless conversation, we finally arrive at school. I start walking in with Anthony when I hear someone call my name. I whip around and see Jesse, my ex boyfriend. I look over at Anthony and notice his stance change. He's standing taller now and his facial expression is rather serious.

"Jas, I'm so sorry." Jesse lies

"No you're not. You fucking me cheated on me!" I shout

"I-it was a mistake. She meant nothing to me." Jesse says "please please take me back." He pleads grabbing my hand and kissing it

"I'll think about it." I say biting my lip

"Jas, is that really a good idea?" Anthony asks concern tracing his face, wait no. Is that jealousy?

"I don't really know right now." I say walking into school.

8 hours later

Anthony's p.o.v

I lean against my car, waiting for Jasmine. I see her walk out hand in hand with Jesse before giving him a kiss and running towards me. Did she seriously take that bastard back?

"Uh hey Jas!" I shout trying not to show my jealousy.

"Hi Ant." She replies happily

"So, you're back together with Jesse?" I ask trying not to sound disappointed

"Yep. I'm giving him another chance." Jasmine smiles

"That's great." I lie

"We should do something tonight." Jasmine says happily

"Well what do you what to do?" I ask starting up my car.

"We could go star gazing." Jasmine says excitedly

"Okay sounds like a plan." I chuckle

2 hours later

I wait outside Jasmine's apartment sitting on her stoop. She walks about moments later looking as beautiful as usual.

"Ready?" She asks smiling

"Yep let's go." I grin opening the door for her.

We drive for about an hour, or at least until we're out of the city. I look over at Jasmine and I'm mesmerized. The sun is setting and it's the perfect lighting, everything is golden. Jasmine looks even more beautiful if that's even possible. Moments later, its dark and we arrive at an open field. I go into my back seat and pull out a blanket and place it on the ground. I turn on the radio and join Jasmine lying on the blanket.

"It's so beautiful isn't it." Jasmine gasps

"It sure is." I reply. I'm about to say something else when a song comes on that hits a little too close to home, Jesses girl.

"Jasmine can I ask you something?"

"Anything." She replies

"Do you love him? Jesse?" I ask quietly

"I don't really know. I'm just trying to give him another chance." Jasmine sighs

"Okay as long as you're happy." I grin, secretly wishing she was mine.