Chapter 5

<<<<Can I just say I am so so sorry for not updating either of my stories. I don't have any electives this term so I have so much homework and I have practice every day after school and it's insane! I promise to be better about it from now on.>>>>

I woke up like any normal morning except my head was pounding once again. I sat up and reached for the sky trying to crack by back and then turned around to open up the blinds. I could already see a couple of people on their morning walks. I got out of bed, put on my robe, and went downstairs. I couldn't have been more disturbed once I got into the living room.

There was a beer bottle or two thrown on the floor beside the couch. My brother was spread out with his arm wrapped around the girl from last night but thankfully they were clothed. The table was knocked over and the radio was softly playing in the corner.

"Hey!" I yelled. "Get up ya bastard!" And he still slept soundly so obviously, like any good sister would, I went over and kicked him in the shin. Well after all he deserved it.

"Shit!" His eyes flew open and he managed to wake up the girl beside him. "Oh it's just you, now let me sleep." He pulled the girl closer to him and went back to sleep.

"Eric, you can't just take a girl home with you like this. Do you know what mum and dad would say? They'd be pissed at you!" He rolled his eyes at me and started to get up. At first I couldn't understand a word he was saying that I guessed he was still drunk after last night.

"Look Irene. Me an' Angie didn't do anything. We were just talking and then fell asleep is all."

"I don't care Eric. Do you realize what could've happened. Besides, you're stoned! You don't know what you could've done last night."

I felt bad for-

Oh what's her name? Angie?

She just kept staring at me with her large dark eyes. Her hair was a bit entangled but it still looked gorgeous. She seemed more confused than I was.

"Look Eric why don't you just go drive her home alright?"

He looked like he wanted to protest but finally gave in. "Come 'ed Ang'."

She took his hand and headed out to the door but stopped before leaving the house. She turned to me with a slight smile on her face. "Irene. I know we just met...but I'm sure we will be good friends. Really good."

Didn't see that one coming.

I just gave a quick grin and nodded my head and turned to leave the living room. I really couldn't stand Eric sometimes. Sure we get along most of the time but he pulls fast ones on me and I can't prepare myself for what's coming next. I sat down on the kitchen table. There was a napkin with a bunch of writing, obviously Eric's. There was a bunch of numbers which I guessed was Angie's phone number. But under it was written "HOTRS?".

HOTRS? What in the world does that mean. It was written so messily it's probably just nonsense that Eric doesn't even know what it means. I went over to the stove to fix myself a pot of coffee and a little bit later I heard Eric come back on inside.

"Well that was quick."

"Yeah, she only lives a block or two from here. Are you mad at me?"

I laughed and shrugged it off. "It just took me a bit to process is all. You're an adult and you know what you're doing. I won't push my way in. But what does HOTRS mean?" I pointed over to the kitchen table, so he would know what I was talking about.

He looked up at the ceiling, trying to think what his gibberish meant until his eyes grew wide.

"OH! House of the rising sun! Y'know that song from last night? Me an' Alan were thinking of doing a cover or something like that. He thought of a small keyboard quip to add to it last night. But we're not sure."

I ran over to give him a big hug. "Oh Eric this is so great! When do you think you're gonna write it?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Ha! Maybe today, who knows? But anyway what happened to you last night? Who was that guy?"

I began to blush a light pink. "His name's Brian. And there's NOTHING going on between us. I swear!" He smiled and placed his cup of coffee on the counter.

"Yeah...sure!"

"YOU COME BACK HERE ERIC VICTOR BURDON!!"

He started to run up the stairs to his room and I kept trying to catch his arm but he was too quick. Someday I would get him back. Just once!

<<<Yeah it's short and there's not really a plot at all. It's more of a filler but we got to meet Angie who is really really pretty!!! Or at least I think so :) >>>