Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Connecticut  

Twenty Nine Months Ago

We both lay on my bed. My head was across Elijah's chest, his arms around me. We'd only been together six months but I couldn't imagine my life without him.  

I didn't know what time it was but I knew it must have been late as I was finding keeping my eyes open increasingly difficult and I could no longer hear my parents talking in their room. 

I yawned involuntarily. He laughed gently and I snuggled closer into his side.  

Suddenly, he spoke breaking the silence of the dark bedroom. "I know I'll never be right for you. I know I'm not good for you... I know I'm probably not even what you wanted or what you were looking for... but I'm trying." His voice was lifeless, ashamed.  

I tilted my head up so I could see his face. "Where's this coming from?" I asked confused. "Eli, I would never want anyone but you. I don't even want to think about wanting anyone but you."  

His fingers trailed lightly across my cheek. "I know you don't and that's what worries me." His voice had sunk to barely a whisper. "But I want you too... I've never wanted anyone like I want you right now. My best friend Xavier has always told me I fall too fast when it comes to woman. But, Bren, I've never felt this way about anyone. No one has ever made me feel the way you do. I don't care what Xavier says anymore."  

"I'm only sixteen, Eli, so I don't have much experience to go on but no one has ever made me feel the way you do. The way my heart races, the way I find it hard to breathe, the way I need you like oxygen, there's so much passion between us..."  

He lifted my face up to his own and kissed me gently. I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck pulling him closer to me. He rolled gently, pressing me into the bed.  

Slowly he drew himself up onto his elbows. Now he was looking down at me, and his expression had changed, there was a look on his face I had never seen before, his eyes held desire so intense he made me feel nervous. Did he really want me the way I wanted him?  

He kissed down my cheek to my lips, outlining the shape of my mouth with gentle kisses before kissing me deeply.  

"You should probably... tell me not to do this," he whispered before his lips were on mine again.  

I tried to clear my head, to find a way to speak but I couldn't. All I could think about was him, and really, I didn't want to tell him to stop. I was tired of saying no to him, of never letting myself feel what my whole heart and body wanted me to feel.  

Elijah was older and I knew he'd slept with other women before he'd met me but he'd always respected the fact that I was younger and I wasn't ready yet. I knew he wasn't like Mason; he would never force me to do anything I didn't want to. Yet now... tonight... I think I did want to... after almost seventeen years I think I was finally ready to share that part of myself with someone.  

I finally made myself focus. I placed both hands on his chest and gently pushed him back so I could speak. He looked at me his eyes intense. I got off the bed and turned to face him.  

"I don't want you to stop, Eli, I'm nervous, but I want you, I want every part of you." I could feel my cheeks burning.  

He too got off the bed and stood in front of me. He took a strand of my long dark hair and put it behind my ear. "Brenna, I can't stop thinking about you... for six months you've been the only thing on my mind." 

He pushed me back pinning me against the wall. His hands were at either side of me so that I couldn't move. He inched closer and closer until I felt his soft lips touching mine own. As our lips moved against one another I knew I wanted to share more of myself with him. 

He pulled off his shirt and threw it to the floor. I ran my hands across his muscled chest. He then pulled off my t-shirt and throwing it to the ground also. 

I'd always imagined I'd feel embarrassed allowing myself to be so exposed in front of a man but I didn't. It felt natural to be this way with him. He kissed down my exposed neck and across my shoulders. He lifted me up and I automatically wrapped my legs around his waist.  

His lips found mine again kissing me harder as his hands caressed my bare skin. I tangled my hands in his hair pulling him closer. I couldn't deny the feelings I felt for him. I really liked him... no... I loved him... he was kind and gentle... he made me laugh and he was the most beautiful man I'd ever known.  

He held me tightly against him as he carried me across the room and lay me gently back on my bed. He climbed on top of me. I knew I was blushing. 

He brushed his lips lightly across my red cheek and that simple touch sent shivers through me, shivers which made my whole body tremble.  

"If you want me to stop, you have to tell me now," he whispered.  

"I don't want you to stop, I'm certain. I trust you and I, um, I think I love  

you..."  

Suddenly, he was sitting up, looking directly at me. "You love me?"  

I nodded and once again, I could feel my cheeks turning red with embarrassment. I dropped my eyes from his.  

"You've never said it to me before." He held my face gently in his hands so I had to look at him.  

"I know, I've never felt ready to say it, I mean, I'm only sixteen, I didn't want to let myself fall in love..." I grabbed his shirt pulling him closer to me. "But I really think I love you."  

He pushed me back on the bed. He brushed his mouth against my collarbone before kissing up my neck. "You have to tell me to stop now." He traced the line of my cheekbone. "Or tell me now." His lips were now against mine. "Or..." I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him to me; stopping the rest of his words with my lips.  

Our kisses were rougher now both wanting each other.  

He pulled back looking directly at me. "Are you sure about this?" he asked his eyes full of both desire and concern.  

"Yes, I'm sure, Eli, I'm ready, I want to do this... I told you I think I'm in love with you, Elijah Jackson."  

His eyes widened but a smirk covered his lips. "I think I'm in love with you too, Brenna Larson." He kissed me lightly on the lips before softly kissing his way down to my neck and shoulders. His lips hovered just below my ear. "I don't think I'm in love with you, Brenna... I am in love with you..." 

I knotted my hands in his hair, pulling him harder against me. He groaned softly, and suddenly, his kisses began to deepen, he'd never kissed me this way before.  

He pulled me tightly against him, kissing my back... my neck. His bare skin against my own made me shiver, but it didn't matter, I wanted this. He was the man that I loved.