Chapter 4

THE DESTINY

Chapter: 4

"Where is everybody going?" I asked in confuse.

"It's around 12:15 p.m. now, the recess time. They let us at this time stroll around in the garden out there but with some rules of course that is not to take anything metallic with us or any weapon related stuff." Tory answered as she got up and headed towards the door.

There is a garden here! Are you kidding me! Judging from the way I was treated lately and the rooms we sleep in, a garden is pretty much .... Different?
While we were waiting our turn in the line to undergo this inspection, I was thinking about that 12 a.m. meeting. A part of me was really scared about the consequences we may go through if we were caught during this "mission" plus I wasn't even sure who to trust.
After what seemed like ages, my turn finally came.
"Rise up your arms." The soldier said with a bold voice and I guess he was Russian judging from his accent.
After Melissa, Tory, and I went through this inspection, we finally got out of that dull area to be welcomed by the comforting warmth of the greenery ahead of us. What I saw was really uplifting; a wide garden full of lovely red flowers and trees that were creatively trimmed. I have to admit, that garden symbolizes the true meaning of the beauty of nature.

"Wow" Was all I managed to say.

"Wait till you see the lovely bridge at the far left of the garden." Melissa said with a bright smile drawn on her face.

"It's my favorite place. Usually it's peaceful and quite; nobody likes to go there except few because it's a bit far from here."Said Tory.

"Can't wait to see that" I replied.

"Then what are we waiting for? Come on" Melissa said while jogging.

"So till when can we stay here?" I asked.

"About 4 hours daily." Tory said.

"All this beauty took 2 months to be done" Said Melissa.

2 months. I was startled by the fact that how such a wide and fancy garden can be easily done in 2 months only.

"Obviously and as you can see ,it's really dull and somber in there so a couple of us didn't like the fact that we only eat, sleep and train without any sort of entertainment or at least a break that will elevate our contentment a little bit."

"A group of us here decided to inform Julia's secretary about this issue and of course, our messages had no any significant effect, so we decided to protest and refused to enter our rooms until she takes an action about it. And to make a long story short, they started building this garden and it was a success, as you can witness." Said Melissa proudly.

Fabulous success actually!

"Can I call you Liz?" I said finding it better and less formal calling her Liz. It suits her.

"I love it" Melissa happily said giving me one of her lovely smiles.

I smiled back.

Looking around searching for Tory, she was nowhere to be found.

"Finally we are here!" Shouted Tory.

She was there standing beside the bushes around the corner. Heading towards her was the moment my jaw dropped.

What I saw was nearly magical, there was the bridge they told me about. So lovely and calm surrounded by rocks of distinct sizes and shapes, colorful trees enclosing the bridge giving the most calming sensation, there was that one remarkable red tree that was intensively charming.

The bridge was passing over a small still pond. The whole scene was really pleasing and restoring. That is absolutely my number 1 place.

I was speechless and didn't say anything; I let myself enjoy this lovely scenery. I saw Tory and Melissa sitting on the shade of the red tree and I joined them.

"So Sam, how do you like it here?" Melissa asked me.

"This place is mesmerizing."

"This doesn't change your decision about escaping right?" Melissa asked doubted.

"Of course not" I replied, and I meant it, I have to get out of here even if they will serve us with silver platted dishes.

"Great, now I have to tell you something, every week there will be a sudden inspection in all of our rooms. That is a rule here, as to prevent any violent attack from us or something. Do you remember the secret agent I told you about lately?" Melissa asked me.

"Yeah, I do" I replied.

" Every week he informs us when that inspection is going to be held and at what time so that we can meet up with him and with the three other guys. The inspection is going to be today at 12 a.m. . . . This means that when we reach our room and at exactly 11 p.m. , we will begin with arranging stuff to get out of the room without the awareness of anybody except us three . And no one will get to know that we are not in our rooms, I will explain to you how this process is done as soon as we reach our rooms, okay?" Said Melissa, being extremely careful not to be heard by anyone except us.

"Oh...... okay" I replied.

"Now let us enjoy this heaven" Said Tory as she laid down on the ground.

Thinking about everything she said, I felt scared, I mean, my memory is wiped off, I have no clue who I am, it's not yet clear if we will be able to get out of here safely or not. Besides, they must have some official information about each and every one of us here, I think that if I really do want to get out of her with full hands, I must somehow have this file or whatever they have recorded in. I guess I have different plans, but I can't do this alone. No there must be a way, and I will figure it out sooner or later.

Deciding to keep my plans for myself in the meantime, I stood near the pond and fiddled with the still water with my fingers. Cold, the water is cold but surprisingly soothing. That's what was lacking from my life lately, soothes and comfort.

SO HERE IT IS GUYS ! THE FOURTH CHAPTER, I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT, IF YOU DID PLEASE VOTE FOR IT AND I WOULD LOVE TO TO SEE YOU GUYS COMMENTING, CHAPTER 5 WILL BE POSTED IN TWO DAYS SO STAY TUNED ;)

The pictures above are of the garden

The pictures above are of the garden. :D

-Hadeel Adham