Chapter 9

The Destiny

Chapter: 9

Sam's P.O.V.

6 days later

                         I spent exactly six days in this vague place I woke up to, and my memory remains undefined. Each day passed was nearly the same as the day before, routined with smoothness.

But there's that persistent feeling I got telling me that nothing is alright, that everything will be shattered and a massacre will arise.

That feeling was born the day I saw that spine-chilling dream, maybe I'm just over exaggerating, this should be the least of my concerns right now.

"From earth to Sam," Tory waved her hands snapping me out of my thoughts, "We were saying if we could head to the bridge."

"Yeah sure," I replied and we all got up, and headed our way to the bridge. Maybe going there can help shut off my mind for a while, maybe I should let myself accept everything around me temporarily, maybe I should hope that eventually everything will be crystal clear.

When will eventually happen? A couple of days? months? years?

No, it's going to be soon enough, I know it, it has to!

You don't even remember your own name.

I'm not the only one who doesn't! Gosh, stop thinking this way! Everything will be over soon, I just need to wait a little bit longer, and still be sane!

We spent approximately more than an hour in the garden, sitting on the artificial grass. By 'we' I mean Liz, Tory, Chase, Ethan, Mason and I. Liz and Mason were a few meters a head of us, while the rest four of us walked together, with Tory walking right beside me.

"Tory," I said, staring blankly ahead.

"Mhmm?"

"How many months you spent in here?" asking the question that ran my thoughts for a while now.

I felt her stiffen beside me, "5 months and a week exactly."

5 months and a week! and I can't help but wonder how has she spent her time throughout.

Hesitant to ask the question "And.... How do you spend your time?"

"Not much really," She managed a smile "our options for spending our time, is pretty much limited."

I waited for her to continue. She gave a grim sigh "Pretty much.... sleep, eat, train.."

"Repeat," Chase said "For four whole months in my case!"

"Yeah but we do get a week free of training in the beginning of every new month," Ethan said looking my side.

"Oh.... And that's because of their genuine self?" I said sarcastically.

He smiled and said "A failed attempt in my opinion .... They give us a week free not because of their kind self-being but because the first week of every month, a new batch of initials are welcomed here,"

Just like me I thought.

He sighed and continued "They believe that their mental state is not yet well-adjusted to jump from being completely ignorant about everything to go straight off with training and so,"

"So they try to offer the best surrounding with the best less possible amount of stress to avoid any mental breakdowns" Tory replied

For how long has this been going on! That's crazy!