Chapter 9.2

The Destiny

Chapter: 9.2

"Slow down Tory!" I told Tory as we were running our way to her favourite spot, the bridge "you'll make me trip over."

She reduced her pace, turned around and let go of my arm, I then sat down trying to catch my breathe, and looked down letting my hair fall sideways.

"We're almost th..." Her words faltered, strange, I looked at her and I saw her, furrowing her brows looking really disrupted, she shot deathly gaze behind me.

Curious I looked her way, and that is when I saw Mason tightening his grip on Melissa's arm holding her still, where Chase and Ethan standing infront of the couple talking to someone bluntly.

Judging from Tory's look and Liz's posture, something wrong is going on.

"Emm Sam?" Tory stiffened "Will you head to the bridge, and we'll catch up."

She sounded like asking me but she didnt really wait for my reply, she just threw me this order and flew off. Thinking about it, I won't just take off to the bridge just beacuse she said so. Besides, I want to know what's going on.

I stood up and fast-walked my way to the group, trying to see the anonymous intruder. Tory already approached and stood infront of Ethan. Due to Mason's back, I wasn't really able to spot the figure she was talking to.

As I came closer, I heard Tory talking so fast saying "No! You don't understand, you never did and never will! Get over it! You mean nothing! Try getting it inside this little brain of yours!"

Shit! She was boiling..

Finally I reached them and passed Mason and Melissa. Oh, so she was the reason behind the big fuss. They were talking, no scratch that, scolding a pitch-black haired girl, she had round blue eyes that looked mournful. Her lugubrious expression was heart-breaking, but not for all I have to say.

"I do understand!" The girl yelled back "I do understand that you are hurt, that you even hate me!" She looked at Ethan and her eyes started to glisten because of her held up tears. "I really do." Her voice softened.

"Atleast before we end this for good, let me explain, give me a chance to, please.." She pleaded.

Ethan took a hesitant step towards her, leaned down his face and said softly but as clear as thunder "It has already ended."

He was leaving her behind when she clutched his forearm, stopping his move. His body tensed and his jaw tightened under her sudden grip. He didn't turn around but neither did he pull his arm away from her grasp.

"Ethan... please," She fighted a hard sob "Don't do that." A tear slipped from her eye... This is just heart-rending.

That was when he pulled his arm out of her grasp, and headed my direction, passing by my side when we heard her yell.

"You promised me!" She cried and Ethan froze in his place "You promised me Ethan! Always and forever, no matter what!"

When he turned to face her, his eyes were narrowed, rigid,cold,hard. His eye-colour darkened, his lethal stare was full of pain and anger.

"I trusted you Alexis." He kept his voice low but full of hate, "I trusted the Alexis I knew, and not you."

Alexis.... Was she the same Alexis they talked about a couple of days ago? I guess yes.

She reduced the distance between them and stood right by my right shoulder, I backed off a bit giving them the space they needed, when Chase came by and took my left hand in his, pulling me softly to stand beside Melissa.