Hunter Davis

" Boom, Boom, Boom!"  was all I heard waking me up out my sleep, I got out of bed grabbed a pair of gym shorts from the drawer and went downstairs, looking through the peephole I noticed Nate standing there with a bag from Farmer Boys, all I know is it better be something for me in that bag since he wanna wake a nigga up early and steal my girl from the party the other night. "BOOM!!"

     "Nigga I know you home" Nate said as I yanked the door open. "Yeah, nigga. What do you want? " I said with irritation in my voice.

"I came over to see if we was still going to ball with the fellas?" He said as he followed me into the living room,

" Damn I forgot about that, man let me go hop in the shower, and I just know your lil short ass got me some food nigga," I said watching him open the bag and pulling out a burger.

" Yeah , fool I'm not like you, I don't just leave my "Best Friend" at parties and shit " he said seeming sarcastic and mad at the same time.

"Man, I didn't want to cock block you and ol girl , I figured you'd catch a ride with Ben since he was staying later" I said.

" Nigga you know I don't fuck with no damn Ben , the only reason I speak to fool is because he's your boy, I don't trust that nigga for shit! " Nate said.

"Well how did you get home?" I questioned while opening my burger he'd just tossed over to me.

   "Ben brought me but I still don't trust that nigga!" He said trying to convince me he really didn't like him.

"What happened with ol girl?" I asked changing the subject.

"Man, fuck her, she seemed stuck up. Introduced myself once she walked out the bathroom, she gonna tell me it's rude to stalk people at parties." He said sounding bitter.

"Well did you at least get her name?" I asked.

     "Yeah, her name is Natori, she says she was a guest of one of the employees but she didn't say who, she left after me so I couldn't see who she left with." He said grabbing a controller to the PS4.

I stood up from the couch headed towards the stairs

  "Aye, I'm bout to hop in the shower" I said as I begin to walk upstairs.

I opened my room door and walked to the bathroom. Looking at my brown skin in the mirror I examined my 6 foot 5 inch frame and started to undress myself, giving the mirror another glance I contemplated cutting my beard but decided against it since it takes a while for it to grow in fully and I was happy with it. I stepped into the shower and turned the water on and started cleaning myself.

As I began to wash myself, I started thinking about the girl from the party the other night. Nate said her name is Natori, and that she came to the party with someone from the job.

I'll ask around at work on Monday. I'm glad she didn't give that nigga no play, so now I can step to her if I see her again.

I knew I had been in for a long time because when I got out my fingers were all wrinkly along with my toes. Feeling all clean I got dressed and headed downstairs where Nate was waiting for me.

"Damn , nigga it shol did take you a long ass time"  Nate said pausing the game he was playing.

  "My bad, Bruh. Are you done getting your ass whooped in 2k?, I don't know why you play online, you trash!" I said laughing at his ass after seeing the score was 40 to 10 in the second quarter.

" Nigga shut yo ass up, it's the controller , next time Ima bring my own shit, damn knob coming off the shot stick and everything, nigga you make all that money but can't buy a new controller, cheap ass nigga " he said trying to make excuses that he only believed.