The Unexpected

"Thank you , Thank you so much Mr. Davis" my client said while clapping his hands, smiling through small tears.

"No thanks needed, I believed in your case, just make sure you watch the company you keep." I said as his family approached us, some crying , some clapping excitedly ready to take him home.

  Walking out of the court house I noticed Ben walking over catching up with me.
"Damn man I thought you would've lost this one , I would've bet any amount of money Josh ass was guilty" He said sounding surprised.

" Nah , I knew I'd win this one. The prosecutor didn't have much evidence. She called two witnesses and they both gave different statements from their original statement." I said.

  "Damn, that's crazy. Congratulations on the win bro." He said slapping fives with me.  "What are you about to do now? " Ben asked.

  " I'ma head to the office so I can work on a few things" I responded. "Oh okay, well I'll get at you later" he said dapping my hand before he turned and walked away.

    After handling everything I needed to handle at the office I decided to stop by the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner.

     Pulling into a parking spot at Stater Brothers, I shook my head at the packed parking lot. I hated coming to the grocery store, but I hated spending money on fast food even more.

    I grabbed a basket and walked over to the meat section, deciding to make baked chicken breast tonight. Walking to the fresh veggie section, I noticed her.

      She was wearing a black halter top , ripped jeans and a pair of heels. I had never seen her in this store before, this is the only grocery store I come to, so I would've known if she's been here before.

   I slowly walked over nervous as hell. I don't want to get rejected and I hope she doesn't have a man.

      "Broccoli is so good" I said to her sounding stupid as hell.  "Yes, I absolutely love broccoli" she said back, placing her broccoli in a bag.

    "Are you from around here?" I asked before she could walk away. " I actually just moved close by here."

     "Oh I see, I live a few miles up the road, in Jordan Village" I said.

"That's nice, I don't know where that is.  I'm actually from Northern Cali, " She said back.
Taking in her beauty I noticed she was looking at me as if she wanted to say goodbye, but I didn't want the conversation to end.

"I'm sorry, I'm Hunter, some call me Hunt" I said extending my hand.

"Nice to meet you Hunter, I'm Natori, some call me Tori, she said shaking my hand.

"Natori, huh? That's a beautiful name." I said feeling my nervousness go away some.

"Awww, thank you. It took me a while to embrace it, kids always made fun of my name when I was in school". she said with a chuckle reminiscing on her school days.

" Kids can be jerks sometimes", I said back.   

   "Yes they can be, well it was nice talking with you Hunter", she said turning to walk to the register I assume.

"Were you at the Franklin and Morris Law Firm party a few weeks back?" I hollered out before she got to far.

     "Yes. I was there. It was really nice, other than this guy stalking me the entire night," she said.