Chapter 1: First Date

Beautiful and Cruel World

          by: Arararyl

Chapter 1: First Date

White, red and green, wherever I look I can see these colors in every corner of this town. Seems like a perfect ambiance for Christmas Eve. Flurries of snow fall down slowly as I walk on my way to see my girlfriend.

From left to right, you can see Christmas decors, Christmas trees, and people smiling like they never had a single problem in their life. Then I saw this flower shop on my way.

        Nakamura Yuichi: "(I wonder if she would like some flowers. It's our first date after all.)"

I said that to myself as I walk into the store.

        Store Keeper: "Welcome! How can I help you sir?"

Nakamura Yuichi: "Ahm. It's my first date with my girlfriend and I would like to give her some flowers but I have no idea and my budget is not that big."

I'm scratching the back of my head as I said that. I'm really embarrassed to buy a flower but if this can make her smile, it's worth a try.

        Store Keeper: "Oww. How sweet of you. How about you help me carry those boxes inside then I'll give you some flowers in exchange."

What a beautiful smile from the old lady. I'm really lucky because I don't really have a big budget. I'm a working student that pays his own food after all.

        Nakamura Yuichi: "Sure! Thank you very much!"

I quickly carry the boxes into the store. This is really heavy but it's worth it.

        Store Keeper: "Thank you so much for your help! I'm sure this would make your girl happy"

        Nakamura Yuichi: "Thanks!"

I walked away from the store with three roses on my hand. A red, a white and a green rose. I don't have much knowledge about flowers so I don't question why she gave me these colors but I'm really happy about it that I used my favorite handkerchief to tie them together.

        Nakamura Yuichi: ("This looks great. I'm getting really excited.")

As I reach the town park, I saw a girl with long shiny black hair, snow white pale skin and wearing a simple but beautiful white dress.

        Nakamura Yuichi: ("So, this is my girlfriend huh?")

Damn, I'm a really lucky guy. A smart, beautiful, and kind girl like her is my girlfriend. Every man dreams of this, and I just got that dream.

She was looking on her feet so I don't think she saw me.  I sneak into her back and poke her cheeks.

        Kayano Ai: "Eeeeek!!!?"

She screamed as she looks to me with a teary eye.

I quickly showed the roses I got from the store and try to give it to her. Kayano-san's face turns into red as if she was having a fever that moment.

        Nakamura Yuichi: "Sorry for making you wait."

        Kayano Ai: "No....I...I just came here. Tha...thank you for the flowers. Why is it in different colors?"

        Nakamura Yuichi: "Ahm. I don't really know but I'll do a research about it."

        Kayano Ai: *smiles*

        Nakamura Yuichi: "So, where do you want to go Kayano-san?."

        Kayano Ai: "Ca....call.."