Chapter 2: Encounter

*One month before Christmas Eve*

I hate it all. I hate everything in this world.

I woke up at 5am in the morning. My body feels heavy probably because I worked late last night. I stand up and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I looked at my face on the mirror.

        Yuichi: “Looks pathetic as always.”

Messy hair, unshaved face, and a pair of gloomy eye, as gloomy as a dead man’s eye, without a shine, without a dream, without a will to continue living.  I’m always like this since I was on elementary. I try to hide my eyes with my fake glasses.

After my morning routine, I went down stairs to grab some bread. Then I saw my father lying on the floor. He reeks with the smell of alcohol. I hate him. Every time I saw him, my heart breaks.

Since my mom died with a heart disease, he stopped acting as a father to me. He just gambles, drinks, and come home when it’s time to sleep. That’s why I always wake up early. I want to get away from this house as soon as possible.

        Yuichi: (“I wonder what would happen mom is still here.”)

I said to myself as I walk.

It’s still too early for school. I’ll just go to one of my favorite spots, the park.

        Yuichi: “Aaahh.. The park is best at this hour!”

No kids playing around, no couples, just me and my favorite spot. I walk into a small play house.

        Yuichi: “Oh well.. I still got an hour to sleep.”

I sit in the play house and closed my eyes.

Everything turns into black….

        Yuichi: “Huh? Why am I in a dark place? Did I sleep too long?”

I said that as I try to stand up. Suddenly I feel pain on the back of my head.

        Yuichi: “Is this blood?”

        ?????: “Somebody, help my daughter! Please!!!”

Someone’s yelling. I can’t see anything but I hear a lot of cries. Where the heck am I? What’s happening here?

        ?????: “Yu..i…-kun”

Yuichi: “Huh? Did someone called me?”

        ?????: “Yui-kun! Yui-kun!!!”

I try to reach the person who is calling me but it seems like I can’t move my body. Then I saw a bright light….

        ?????: “Yui-kun!!!”

 I opened my eyes. . .

        Yuichi: “Huh? Am I just dreaming?”

        ?????: “Yui-kun!!!”

        Yuichi: “Huh? Someone’s still calling my name?”

        ?????: “Wake up Yui-kun. You’re going to be late if you don’t.”

Turns out that the girl calling me is Taketatsu, Ayana. A noisy, twin tailed hair, had good academics and athletic skills, and cute, and. . . I hate her. The thing that I hate about her most is the fact that she was a childhood friend of mine. WAS… but not anymore.

        Yuichi: “I told you not to call me by that name any more!”

        Ayana: “You’re such a meanie Yui-kun. What’s wrong with that? It sounds cute *winks*”