|| One Shot Version ||

A/N: So,... I am still unable to write a one-shot that is less than 3000 words.

This is a short version of the chapter book I have in mind.

It may become a chapter book later, where the mentioned characters have a larger role. I'm not sure yet.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

- - - - - -

YN LN used to be a normal girl.

Her parents, who were each other's soul mates, used to be loving and supportive of each other and their daughter. She used to have school friends whom she would constantly dream with and wonder who they were destined to be with.

When she hit puberty, the need to be with her soulmate began to grow along with her. It was a rapid heartbeat, warmth throughout the body, and the overwhelming feeling of happiness and anticipation.

YN used to be excited for the day she would find out who her significant other would be.

But when the day finally came, the outcome wasn't at all what she was hoping for.

Instead, she sat in the hospital ward, connected to a computer with wires and gel pads stuck to her temples. She was peering through a privacy curtain at other teenagers.

Their matches were successful and they were meeting their soul mates and their families with smiles and laughs.

Meanwhile, something went wrong with hers, and she was in pain.

That happy feeling was beginning to come and go in intense waves. Her heart would pound against her ribs and she would have trouble breathing. Even worse, the warmth that used to radiate throughout her body was weakening.

She was getting cold.

Behind her, her parents spoke with the practitioner.

"They've... rejected your daughter." The man tried their best to explain it as delicately as possible to her anxious parents.

"I-i don't understand." Her mother choked. "How is that even possible?"

The man in scrubs could only bow his head while glancing at YN.

"I think you should begin medicating and seeking therapy as soon as possible."

Her chest suddenly tightened, and she hunched over with a sharp cry. The computer she was connected to immediately beeped in response to another attack.

Her parents rushed to hold her as she sank further into the ground, sobbing and clutching her head and chest.

She began to hyperventilate and tremble, and she dug her nails into herself.

"YN?!" Her mother held her face. "YN, calm down!"

The sounds of shaky gasps for air were the only sounds she could make.

A sharp prick in her arm made the muscles in her chest relax. Her heart rate slowed, and her breaths evened out.

Although everyone else was relieved, YN felt numb and heavy in her mother's arms.

The tile ceiling above her began to blur and her hearing felt smothered. The feeling of distress was gone. Her mind was blank.

She didn't feel warm nor cold.

In fact, she couldn't feel anything at all.

- - -

"YN,..."