|| 1 ||

*ahem*
Could you imagine if this was a web comic? I bought a drawing tablet recently to try to draw.
TRY.

Anyway, you'll notice bits in the beginning that are similar to the one-shot, but I did some rearranging and added some more drama so please read all the way through.
Please- :')

Thanks for checking this out. I love reading your comments!

- - - - - -

"YN,..."

She didn't respond.

She was kneeling on her bed, facing her barred bedroom window.

Her mother cautiously walked into her room, and carefully placed a hand on her daughter's shoulder to get her attention.

YN didn't even flinch.

She gazed pitifully at her, but she suddenly noticed her hand was damp. Looking back to the window, she noticed YN had it open, allowing the rain from earlier to come in. It soaked into her clothes and her sheets.

"YN!" Her mother shrieked. She didn't react to that either.

Yanking her out of bed by her freezing arm, YN mindlessly complied with her mother taking off her wet clothes and redressing her with fresh, dry ones.

She limply stood where her mother left her while she went to furiously pull off the wet sheets and throw them in a pile on the ground.

Her mother's eyes started to sting in anger and hopelessness as she watched YN silently stare off at nothing in particular. Her face was void of any emotion.

This wasn't her daughter anymore; it was just an empty shell.

She felt her heart ache while a shuddering breath crept up her throat.

"It's not doing you any good to stay here with us, YN." Her mother sniffled, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. "We don't know how to take care of you."

YN didn't respond, though her mother didn't expect her to.

"You can't take care of yourself, and you depend on us to dress you, spoon-feed you, and bathe you. You don't talk and you can't focus, so you'll never get a job, much less graduate from high school. We can barely afford your damn medication, and your condition only gets worse without it."

The more her mother spoke, the more relieved she felt.

She shut the window, and sat down on a dry spot of the bare mattress.

"I don't want to let you go, but your father and I have reached our limit."

"We're sending you to Hope's Peak."

YN could only glance her dead eyes to her mother.

- - -

Knock! Knock! Knock!

The sound of someone pounding on her door woke her.

She was hyperventilating and covered in sweat, laying on her back. Her chest was sore. She felt like the room was spinning as she tried to move her arms and legs, but every part of her was frozen in place.

Her fingers dug into the sheets as tears streamed down her face. She couldn't control her rapid and jagged breaths, making the already aching muscles in her chest burn.

"YN!" The person behind the door called out to her with panic in their voice.

"N-naegi..." But, she couldn't get her voice above a whisper.