Chapter 9

*2 weeks later*

*Harry's POV*

So two weeks have passed and Rosie still seems to be down in that basement. I should probably go check on her, I thought she would've climbed out the window or something. My body got off the couch and walked towards the basement door.

Damn, I locked it. I soon remembered that the keys were on the top shelf in the cupboard, it's good to be tall. Once I put the key into the keyhole, coldness immediately hit me. That's not good. I searched for the switch on the wall, but realized there wasn't any. So I used the flashlight app on my phone to search. 

Soon enough, my eyes landed on a blanket laying on the floor with a mop of blonde hair sticking out. That's got to be her. My gaze followed what was dribbling next to the body; blood. As I slowly approached Rosie, she began choking out more blood. Uh oh!

My hand rested on the girl's forehead, her temperature was bloody freezing. Oh jeez, what have I done? Before thinking, I quickly dialed the ambulance. 

''Hello? How may I hep?''

''Urr...well there's this girl..who's choking blood...''

''Right? Anything else?''

''Her temperature is quite cold'' 

''How did this happen?''

''Would you just get your bloody ass in here and stop asking questions?!'' I snapped at the man. I ended the conversation there because I didn't know how to explain the situation  and that man was speaking so damn calm. Who could possibly be so calm about a girl who is out in a basement laying on the cold hard ground choking blood. 

''Right, sir. Please give us your address and we'll be there ASAP.''

''***  *****  Drive''

~~~~

Before the ambulance arrived, I thought it'd be best if I carried Rosie out of this cold dark room. My right arm held the back of her neck while my left one picked her up below the knees. Despite the situation she's in now, Rosie looked sort of cute?

As my skin came in contact with hers, she slowly stirred and buried her head deeper into my chest. I swear, this would've been a really cute picture if someone had a camera. I put a smile on my face knowing Rosie is getting comfier in  my warmth.

I slowly walked up the stairs of the basement, with no trouble carrying her body in my arms. This girl weighs as light as a feather, so it was pretty easy. Though, I felt as if I would break her, because she was so boney and fragile.

After a few minutes, I heard a siren in our drive way. They're here, thank god. I opened the door for the men to enter. Another one followed closely behind and looked at where Rosie was. I had put her on the sofa.

''Rob, bring in the gurney.'' One yelled. I watched intensely as the men placed the fragile girl onto the gurney. I never knew that leaving her out in the basement would cause so much trouble. Damn you Harry. My eyes travelled over to Rosie lying lifeless on the equipment as the people wheeled her out of the building and into the vehicle.

'' Excuse me? Are you anyone in particular who's close to this girl?'' An officer asked me.

''Yeah I'm her boyfriend...''

''Right? Well then you're more than welcome to climb in with us.'' 

''Yes,please''

''Hop in!'' Without hesitation I jumped in and took a seat next to the gurney laying in the middle. I can't believe that dude bought my lie that I'm her boyfriend. Now all I need is to come up with a reason on how this all happened. I looked at Rosie laying in front of me, there was blood staining her clothes. Was she choking? Well it sure did look like it. My hand gently touched her forehead, it felt like ice. Did I really cause all this mess?