7. Unfamiliar

"Is this for real?!"

I just sighed as I massaged my temples, my whole body slouched on a make-up chair. "Unfortunately,"

"Daebak," Hoseok-hyung gushed, his eyes widening. Apparently, my two friends have the opposite reaction than mine regarding Jeon Jeongguk's invitation to Min Yoongi's banquet. Once again, the news surprised them, giving me another piece of information.

Seokjin-hyung said that no one knew that they were all friends. Him and Hoseok just knew that Kim Taehyung have three closest friends; but to who were those three friends was never disclosed. He was seldom out and was certainly not seen with people other than his business partners and security. There was only a time in where Kim Namjoon was spotted going to Kim Taehyung's mansion, hence, the assumption of Seokjin and Hoseok of them being close. Other than that, those four were never seen together.

We just found out about Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung during the party, and then Kim Namjoon and Jeon Jungkook during the premiere, and lastly, because of Jungkook's invitation--we managed to find out about Min Yoongi. That finally completed the list of the 'untouchables', as what Hoseok likes to call them.

"I only heard about the Mins' banquets on the news, I've never thought that we would get invited." Seokjin-hyung said, closing the magazine that he was reading. Hoseok and Seokjin came to fetch me since my taping for my new movie just finished. I was now getting changed into normal clothes while they wait for me on the couch of my bus.

"Well we also didn't think that we'll get invited to Kim Taehyung's mansion," Hoseok shrugged, leaning into Seokjin-hyung. Seokjin-hyung just nodded his head, agreeing to Hoseok's statement.

"Though the Mins are also huge, they own the number one multinational technological company in the country. They are Korea's pride when it comes to technology."

"That's why I'm quite nervous." Hoseok asserted, scowling. "The Mins are very strict and they are harsh and judgmental."

I raised my eyebrows, "I thought it was just a small gathering. Is it a social event?" Hoseok and Seokjin looked at me judgmentally, bewildered that I seriously no nothing about our world. "Every year, the Mins' hold a banquet. It is usually for adults, like my parents attended already. But the Mins also give Yoongi the chance to invite a small number of friends. The Mins are very picky when it comes to Yoongi's friends, and when they don't like you, you will never be contacted by Yoongi again. He's also known to be very obedient to his parents." Seokjin-hyung clarified.

"What's wrong with being not contacted with Yoongi again?" I asked, confused to why it was such a big deal. I mean, if they don't like me then they don't. Why do I have to force myself to be liked by someone? I don't have to prove my worth to anyone else but myself.

"It's basically the humiliation, Jimin." He sighed, massaging his temples--obviously showing how stressing I was. "The Mins reject you on the spot, and their rejection aren't exactly friendly."

"Why were my parents never invited though? It's unfair." Hoseok suddenly butted in, his arms crossed.

"It's because your mother is in the entertainment industry. She's a designer right?"

"Hey, what's wrong with the entertainment industry?" I exclaimed, quite enraged by the mediocre portrayal of the majority to the people working in the entertainment industry.

"Jimin, you have to take note that we are talking about families that manages multinational companies in the heavy industrial sector. If not, they are in the intellectual sector, and are the highest contributors to the Nation's GDP and the government's funds. They are the most private and exclusive people in the society, and for sure, they'll exclude people that don't fit them to maintain their prestige." Seokjin-hyung once again cleared it out for me, making Hoseok and I frown. I'm still a little bit frustrated to how just because they are on the industrial and intellectual sector of the economy, they think they have the right to look down on the others who excel on other sectors. It made me loathe them, as I hate people degrading my family.