The Confrontation

The ship exploded, throwing me back against the the hard wood roof top. The medics were evacuating because the ship had blown up & is falling onto the store. "EVERYBODY OUT!" Madison called. I got up, aching & already sore, the ship was down. I was happy, but it crashed into the store & blew up. Nah crap...
     I saw someone drag two bodies on the asphalt. Peculiar, why would any one drag bodies. You have to- "WHO DID THIS?" I could barely see what happened to the two bodies, but I saw it now. They're mutilated. "ANYONE GONNA ANSWER!" He cried. A group was circling around the two bodies, one bent her knee & examined it closely. "It has claw marks on their clothes.." She said.
     He looked up at the sky & looked at me. "WAS IT YOU?" Oh shit. I ducked as soon as he pulled a caliber out. There was talking & crying when he kept saying, "GET OUT OF THERE! I SEE YOU!" Madison came running as she heard the first gunshot, which was incredibly next to me.
     "What the hell is going on?" She said. "Your sneaky little friend, killed these two innocent people." He replied. "She didn't do anything, she was helping take down the ship." "I saw her run into the back of the store." That was true. But to not kill. "Look, just put the gun down & I'll talk to-" he slowly pointed the gun at Madison. "Don't tell me what to do, bitch. I WAS IN THE ARMY! I'VE BEEN ON THE EDGE SINCE YOU FOUND ME! DON'T TEST ME!"
     The gunshot created a little viewing hole in the brick & I peered into it. I gasped when I saw the gun pointed at Madison. So the next thing I was thinking about, was to find a brick to hit him with. Luckily, there was a pile behind the door & I grabbed one. I stood up & said, "HEY!" He turned around & looked up, to see an incoming brick, hit him. "WATCH OUT!" Someone yelled.
     There was another gunshot that nipped my shoulder. The brick had hit him & the bullet hit me, persé. "Agh! Help!" I screamed. The pain was unbearable, like anything I've ever experienced before. The car crash was something else, but this? I thought I was gonna die. Then I heard footsteps run up the stairs. "They're coming up!" Madison said. The medics rushed through the door & aided me.
     "You okay up there?" Madison replied. When she said that, a flashback of when Howard told me to go into the vent & restart the switch. He also said, "Hey, you okay up there?" "MICHELLE?" I stuck out of the horrible trance & replied. "Yeah I'm okay. The bullet nipped me." They sat me up & was still operating on me, then in the distance, I saw some lights. Bright ones too.
     "Hey Madison. We've got company." Everyone looked at the incoming lights. They thought they're alien patrols. So they grabbed anything that was next to them. But it was a car. Uh... They stopped & turned off the lights & the door swung open, greeted by a man in uniform. "Don't bother throwing what you have at us." The man said.
     Madison walked up towards the man & greeted him a joke. "Welcome to Houston, population: 34." He smirked. "My, what a group you have here today." "I'm sorry, who are you?" The man took a long pause & continued. "My name is Lt. Wilkins. I'm with the ••• & we saw an explosion over here & we decided to go check it out. Looks like you took down a ship." Obviously.
     "Are you here to help us?" One said. "Save us?" Another. "Yes. we have a warehouse full of MRE's, water, supplies, all that stuff." The crowd was in awe & was cheering & jumping & yelling, "Thank you lord!" "Now, we'll put you into these trucks & cars & we'll drive you to the base. Any one injured?" The injured groaned & said, "Me." I slowly stood up & also say me.
     He looked at us & looked at the unconscious man on the ground. "Ma'am, what to this man?" "He dragged two bodies & started yelling & shooting. One hit Michelle up there." "I see. Michelle?" "Yes sir?" "Come on down." I walked downstairs & the medics helped me down too. We walked and Lt. Wilkins asked, "Where did he shot you?" I pointed at my left shoulder. "Here." He examined it & remarked. "Well that isn't too bad right? We'll treat the wound, so no infections will pop."
     "Alright. Everybody get line." Everyone formed one line & I was last. "What are they gonna do with the man?" One said. "I don't know. Probably leave him." "Nah, that's to rational. They have to take him." Take him to a straight jacket. One by one, everyone got into the trucks & cars. "Ma'am. Come on we gotta go."
     I was thinking about Emmet. It made me feel sad & lonely. He told me how he missed the bus for the college & just slept in at the hotel. I still had his wallet. "Ma'am, we're wasting daylight." Its night time, dumbass. I got in & they drove towards Baton Rogue. "You're gonna love it there, Michelle. There's even someone who knows you." "What?" "We can't tell because they told us." Okay, arbitrary.
     We drove until we came up at ••• & it was massive. The driver stopped at the front of one of the hangars & told me my "person" is in there. "You'll know when you see 'em." And he drove off. I started towards the two huge garage doors & there was a line of people.
     When I got up front, they asked my name, age, hair & eye color, the basics. Then they said, "Any relationships?" I hesitated. "I used to." "What's his/her name." "His name is-" "Ben." I looked at the person who said it & I was shocked. Oh. My. God.