[four hours]

When they settled on the floor of Youngbin and Inseong's living room, Jaeyoon thought. He thought about how exceedingly bad it was that he had managed to form this kind of attachment to a mortal - not only that, but a mortal he was supposed to make fall in love with another.

He wanted to make Inseong fall in love with him. From the first moment he had seen him, Jaeyoon was stunned. He had never known that mortals could be so beautiful. But then he went and ruined it all by hanging out with them and that was when he began to feel something else. He hadn't recognized it at first - he had never been in love. And being in love with a mortal was different than being in love with another amorini. Probably. 

He never knew how dependent he was on wings until now. He was falling, faster and faster, but his wings couldn't save him now. Nothing could. He hated himself for glancing over at Inseong and studying his profile. He hated himself for keeping a list of the things he noticed about him - his sparkly eyes, how his smile was a little crooked, the delicate structure of his face. 

Youngbin grabbed a movie that Jaeyoon had never heard of and put it in, turning the lights off. They heaped themselves with blankets and snacks, Jaeyoon and Inseong ending up together even though Jaeyoon noticed that Youngbin had finally realized that something was happening between the two.

Jaeyoon felt guilty and sick to his stomach and wrong, but he couldn't ignore the pink streaks overpowering the gold. So he rested his head on Inseong's shoulder.

Halfway through the movie, Youngbin yawned.

"I'm so tired," he said. "I wanna sleep."

"It's hardly even late, though!" Inseong protested. Youngbin waved a hand lazily, fingertips painting the dark room with a few halfhearted sparks. 

"You can do other things without me." He yawned again. Inseong frowned.

"Party pooper," he muttered. But they helped him clean up the living room and they said goodnight before leaving the apartment. Jaeyoon felt like he could stay awake for years - he'd done that once, on a special mission for Agape. It had felt like such a feat at the time, but he could do it easily now. 

"What do you want to do?" Jaeyoon asked.

"Wander," Inseong said.

So wander they did, winding their way out of the apartment and back into the warm night.