Thirty

Barry was angry with the fact that everyone hide the fact that Caitlin was going through so much. It made him feel like they didn't trust him enough to help. What was scared Caitlin so much? Barry sat down trying to calm himself down and focus on task at hand. Joe came in and sat down next to him. 

"Joe there isn't anything that you say that is going to calm me down. I can't believe you all knew but didn't tell me. I thought we were a team and shared everything."

"Barr, you know that isn't true. Everyday everybody puts their trust in you and we know that you get the job done. We also know that when you have a full plate, adding more looses your focus. And Caitlin knew this better than anyone else. We all wanted to tell you but she didn't. She wanted not to worry about her when there was so much else happeneing." 

Barry closed his eyes and let out a deep breath. No matter how he was angry he was, Caitlin knew how to calm him down. She understood him and rather go through hell herself then burden him with more bad news. He smiled and looked at Joe who understood that he was now calm. 

"Barr, we know you and it isn't fair to put all our problems on your head." 

"I know Joe but I want to be able to keep the people I care and love for safe."

"And you will. I and everybody on your team have more faith and trust in you that they are willing to to do whatever you ask from them. Just remember that much." 

                                     //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"Sorry Barry, we have been able to locate them early and the hour is nearly up," said Cisco as he shook his head in disappointment.

"Cisco, I know you care for both of them and you have down all you can. Now it will come down to me and how fast I can go."

The screen cracked and once again Ethan and Stacey's face appreared on it. They had a smile on their faces as this all amused them in some way. "Somehow seeing the smartest people in one room stand with their head gives a certain type of joy. People who wanted to create the future can't even save the present."

"Where are they," yelled Joe. 

"Oh Joe, I know your daughter is missing and I all these guys fault. You shouldn't have let her work with them. They only know how to spoil everyone's lives not help them," responded Stacey. 

"She never had anything to do with what happened that night so please let her go and take instead. I was the sole reason that all happened," begged Wells. 

"Funny, Dr Snow said the same thing. She thought that by taking the blame on yourself and giving up herself would save all your lives but that's not how it works. Everyone who has any connection to STAR Labs will pay." 

Barry looked shocked on hearing that Caitlin was willing to give in so early to save them all. Then again she cared for them.

                                   //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Caitlin opened her eyes and looked Around as her eyes focused and her surroundings became clearer. She realise that she was laying on the ground and near her, tied to the chair was Iris. Her month was cover but she was trying to yell and get her attention. Caitlin tried to mover but couldn't. Her whole body felt heavy and sore. All she could move was her head. She tried harder to move and as she tried to move forward she fell into a large gap that was dividing her and Iris. She tried to get out or even move but in vain. 

She stopped moving when sneh ears footsteps. Was it Ethan and Stacey. She tried to focus on the footsteps. They came closer and she realised it was only one pair of footsteps. She slowly and in pain lifted her head as far as she could to see who it was.

"Iris, you ok? It's all ok, I'm here and I'm going to get you out of here. Just focus on me," came the muffled voice of the new arriver. 

Caitlin tried harder to focus and as she slowly put her head down she got a glimpse of the foot. He was wearing a red leather suit. "Did they hurt you?" He asked again. This time Caitlin recognised the voice and the suit. It was Barry. He had found them and had come to save them. 

A ray of hope and happiness rose inside Caitlin. She tried to call out but she couldn't. She had her mouth covered also. So was her hand and legs. She couldn't move or call out to him. She tried so hard to move in the pit that she had fallen in but it was impossible to. The harder she tried to call out or even get up the more pain went up her whole body. Tears fell from her eyes being so helpless was painful. Help was so close but she couldn't get to it. It physically and mentally started to hurt her as the hope that she had felt easiler started to fade away.  

"I'll get you out of here Iris, it's all going to be ok. I'm so sorry that you even had to be in this situation in the first place." Heard Caitlin. She tired to lift her head again but it felt too heavy. Before her head fell back she was able to see a flash of yellow light indicating Barry had zoomed out taking Iris with him. She lay there as warm tears fell down her checks and then the room went dark.