Missing Marching band

I miss marching band.
I found a piece of music from my ballad and almost cried I miss it.
I was taking to a senior and he said its not important.
I asked him if it was just because he was graduating and he said yes and told me what all will happen the rest of my high school years as a band geek.

"You will suffer. They say that what you love the most will cause you the most pain and band will do that to you. That no matter what you go though these walls will hold it, your instruments have gone though so much emotion from others and have meant so much to others. It was your turn to choose when you got to highschool what room will be your safe place. And the band rooms nation wide and instruments around the world hold every single persons love sadness and all in the walls and performances. Don't let some "official" athlete tell me band is just a few notes or Its just something. Because we know it means so much more then putting out a few notes. Wait for your greatest moment and and for the best to see and the worst for the worst to see. And only one thing can be both. Band. Along with the band members inside. We all are connected at the heart once we took one roll-step. Seniors will always be here to encourage you. Not physically but there best experiences in these walls. Their worst in the instruments. The fields are for us. So when you walk in here remember that others have left you strength and have no shame crying and missing it because it is never over"

"God what I would do to take a roll-step with a performance and uniform on a field at a football game or competition.
And only having 8 minutes to show months of emotion and practice.
To show everyone watching what it feels like to have pride in this show.
Make the crowd feel it.
If you can do that you know how great you can become.
Aim for that."

-me a highschool freshmen. With only 2 years of experience.