17

Eric

"Come on stay with me. I feel a pulse, hurry."

***

I felt a cold hand touch me. I tried to sit up but I was in little pain. I opened my eyes to see Cube standing next to me.

"Aye man you alright?"

"Yeah im fine, Did Janet come yet?"

"No, I don't even think she's know. I'll give her a call if you want me to."

I nodded and watched him walk out. As soon as he walked out Dre walked in. I turned around and looked out the window.

"How you feeling?"

I didn't answer. I really did not want him here.

"Im sorry E. I didn't know what you was about to do."

I turned to face him.

"Nigga I wasn't about to shoot you. I was just pulling the fucking gun out the back of my pants."

I chuckled as Dre started to laugh.

"Nigga I really thought you were going to shoot me."

"Naw but you was a bitch for running when I shot in the air."

***

Cube

I drove to Janet's house to tell her about Eric. I pulled into her drive way and knocked on her door.

She opened the door with shades on.

"Oh, hey cube. What's going on?"

"Well I came her to tell you that Eric is in the hospital.

"What?! What happened?"

"Well Dre thought Eric was about to shoot him but he wasn't and the were both holding the gun when it shot E in the side. But wassup with you and the sunglasses?"

"Nothing."

I gave her an "are you sure?" look.

"Im serious, Im fine. Can you take me to see Eric?"

"Sure no problem."

I led her to my car as we drove to the hospital.

***

Eric

I sat and talked to Dre for awhile as I waited for Cube to get back. A few seconds later a nurse walkes in.

"Hi Mr. Wright, How are you feeling?"

"Im doing fine."  I watched as she bit down on her lip and looked at me up and down. She kinda looks familiar.

"Well the doctor said you can leave anytime you feel like it." She winked at me and turned around. Janet walkes in with her arms crossed eying the girl.

She walkes closer to me and places her hand on top of mines. I look at Cube and Dre and cue them to leave. As the door closed a saw a tear fall from her face. I couldn't see much because she had the sunglasses on.

"Babygirl, Take of the glasses so I can see your face."

She hesitated to take them off but when she did I was shocked. Her right eye was black and purple and a little swollen.

I sat up to touch her face but she kept flinching. She leaned over the rail on the bed and ran her fingers through her hair.

"What happen to your face?"