Bedside table

It's been 3 days since you arrived. Dodie has hardly been in. She's being going to a lot of meetings.  For what you don't know; you don't really know what she does at all.

You room is a good size. With plain white walls. Which gives the room a nice clean feel but to you an artist it's very boring. But it is a clean canvas to work with.

You haven't done much to the canvas though. You're currently sleeping on a mattress on the floor. You forget duvet covers, so like your walls your temporary bed is also white. Your dresser is the only 'real' piece of furniture you own. Unless you count your fold up camping desk. The one you create art with. Literally; you don't just paint using it as support, you've began painting the desk as well.

You begin building your bedside table. Needing a break from university work. It was going fine until you hit your thumb. Again. With its original injury combined with this you cannot contain the pain. You yell; pretty loudly. Loud enough for Dodie to come running into the room to check on you.

Once she stops worrying about your injury, you realise she's annoyed. She questions why you don't ask for help. You being the anxious person you are don't tell her you didn't ask because you were too scared. No instead you point to the instructions and say you didn't need help yet; the instructions only show one person doing this bit.

She laughs, calls you an idiot, judges your building skills then goes and makes tea for you both. Because quote "well you don't need me yet 'won't stray from the instructions Y/N' So I'll go make tea. Be back in a min."

You try her special tea. You rather enjoy it. As she goes to place her cup on the fold up table. (Which is currently covered by a table cloth) you reach underneath and grab a coaster. She sees a little of what's underneath, exactly what you didn't want to happen. She begins to question it. But stumbles and mutters instead. Never finishing her sentence. The rest of the build is in silence. The situation is awkward. Very awkward.

An- Do clear up any confusions I have decided you are an artist. Taking an art course at university. Also under the table cover is nothing like rude; what I meant by Dodies confusion was more like she didn't know you did art??? Anyway thanks for reading and voting. Random girl is out xx