IV. - Uncertain -

An hour after the darkness crept in and night time officially started, the two went out of their hotel rooms to roam the beach. Maine stepped into the hotel's hallway wearing a distressed denim shorts and floral shirt, Richard on the other hand showed up with black beach shorts and blue shirt on. The young girl smiled and slowly closed the door to her. After Richard locked, his they started walking outside.

Maine looked up and saw the bright stars scattered across the night sky, reminding the two that even in the middle of the darkness they could still shine. She smiled and immediately spotted three constellations. Maine had a thing for astrology, but since writing is really her passion she poured most of her life into it.

"So, Ma'am Maine ... saan tayo pupunta?" he asked her. Maine smiled and brought Richard to a seaside bar at the far end of the beach. After they ordered some beer and roasted peanuts, the two settled at the table nearest to the water.

"Alright Richard ... we're gonna start working now ... okay lang bay un?" she asked him.

"Fine."

"Now, why don't you start by telling me kung ano yung nangyari nung gabing yun." She uttered, looking at him straight in the eyes.

"I fell asleep nung hapon kaya my night started nung binuksan ko yung mata ko –"

"Jusko naman Richard, wag naman lahat lahat. Baka naman pagpunta ng C.R. isama mo pa. Yung dun na lang sa resto. What happened dun?" she asked and saw nothing but sadness in his eyes. It's hard to relive the sadness but in order to move on from it, one must acknowledge what he/she just went through.

" I thought everything will be great because you know, she fucking showed up. But when I proposed everything changed. She told me she couldn't marry me anymore. Na may nagbago na and she no longer feels the same."

"Sinabi ba niya sa'yo kung ano yun?"

"Nope, but I think it had something to do with the fact that I am a workaholic. I spent way toomuch time worrying about the resto that I forgot my endgame, my goal." He uttered. Richard then swiftly wiped a tear away and started drinking beer. Maine's speechless; she doesn't know what to say. The sadness in his voice quickly reminded her of that time she was broken as well.

"Alam mo, Claire would never eat mani unless it's maanghang. She would never ... and I mean NEVER drink red horse or colt 45 ... but she will be able to go head to head with anyone in a lambanog challenge. She's weird but the good kind."

"Naalala mo talaga siya sa lahat no?" Maine asked.

"Unfortunately."

-

*2nd day*

Richard woke up the next day with a massive hangover. He slowly sat up and quickly closed his eyes to avoid getting fazed by the bright sunlight that already invaded his room. He then looked at the clock and saw it's already past 9:00 am.

"Shit." He whispered and started getting dressed for the day. After he's through, Richard completed his attire by wearing sunglasses. His head is still aching but the dizziness he felt earlier has vanished. A couple of knocks were then heard on the door. Richard let out a sigh and opened it, only to see a sunglasses wearing Maine on the other side.

"Tara na?" he asked.

"Iligpit mo muna yung bed mo, ayusin mo muna." She replied.

"Bakit ko p aayusin eh magugulo lang din naman yan. Parang sa pag-ibig lang, bakit pa ako magmamahal eh masasaktan lang din naman ako?" he asked her and Maine rolled her eyes.

"Eh wag ka na lang kaya din kaya kumain? Itatae mo lang din naman eh. Wag ka na lang din kaya huminga? Ibubuga mo lang din naman palabas." She asked him.

"Ang hard mo." Richard answered and quickly fixed his bed. After a good five minutes, he and Maine left the room and went to the hotel's restaurant.

The two sat by the window and watched the sea for a moment before they ordered their breakfast. Richard smiled, recounting all the things they talked about last night.

"Ma'am, what's your order?" the waitress asked Maine.

"Bacon and eggs tapos yung salad and samahan mo na rin ng coffee and cold water." She replied.

"Kayo po sir?" the waitress turned to him.

"Bacon and eggs din ... dapat sunny side up ah? Buo yung yolk, hindi basag katulad ng puso ko. Cofffee tapos mango shake na din. Make sure na yung ice is durog na durog na ... parang yung puso ko pa din. Aray."

"Pagpasensiyahan mo na, brokenhearted eh." He heard Maine's voice in the background. Richard lifted his face and saw the restaurant employee walking away.

"Richard, kelangan ba laging humuhugot?" she asked him.

"Sorry! Di ko naman sinasadya."

"Sus, tapos mamaya gagawin mo na naman."

"Oo na, ako ng may kasalanan ... ako ng mali .. ako ng talunan ... kaya nga ako siguro ako iniwan ng girlfriend ko eh." He answered, feeling a bit offended.

"Ay grabe siya."

Before the situation escalated, their orders came. The two looked at each other and started giggling for no solid reason.

"Your yolk is so jiggly." She said and Richard started moving his plate to make the yellow mound of eggy goodness wiggle.

"I like the bacon here, prime cut." He commented.

"We only serve the best." Maine answered proudly. She then held out her pointing finger and slowly moved closer towards the yolk. Richard and panicked and said the words that would make her cheeks as red as an apple.

"Wag mong sundutin itlog ko!" he yelled and an overwhelming amount of silence fell onto them. Richard looked around and saw eyes staring at them.

"Shit."

--

lmao, that's it for this part guys ^^ stay tuned for more !