XIX. - Thirteenth Day -

Maine woke up the next day with the intention of going to the office as quickly as possible and presenting her new article topic. She reached her workplace approximately an hour after she left the apartment.

"Bakit ang aga mo?" Camille asked her.

"Eh para makausap ko kaagad si Ma'am. Nasaan ba siya?" Maine asked before looking around them for any sign of their boss.

"Wala pa .. nagtataka nga din ako eh ... usually, mas maaga pa siya sa Janitor kung dumating." Camille replied before looking around as well. Maine just sighed and walked towards her cubicle. She sat on her chair and started pulling random things out of her bag.

" Anong sasabihin mo kay Ma'am niyan?" Camille asked after a few moments.

"I don't know ... aaminin ako na palpak yung plano ko pero sasabihin ko din naman namakaka-gawa pa naman ako ng ibang article na siguradong magugustuhan niya."

"Sus, pakikinggan ka pa kaya nun? Eh parang atat na atat na siyang paalisin ka."

Maine rolled her eyes and organized the things that were on top of her table. A few minutes later, she heard the familiar sound of her boss's voice. Maine's heart started beating fast. She instantly got off the chair and walked straight to their officer in charge.

"Good morning, Ma'am." Maine greeted.

"Walang good sa morning kung bad news agad ang matatanggap ko. Why are you here? Sa isang araw ka pa dapat babalik di ba?" her boss asked. She stopped walking and so Maine did the same.

"I knew it ... so ano? Are you fired na?"

"No Ma'am. Actually, may naisip po akong ibang topic and I'ms ure na magugustuhan niyo po." Maine replied, trying her best to sound strong and confident.

"Fine, follow me."

Maine took a deep breath and followed her boss inside the main office. She sat on a chair and waited to be called.

"MAINE!" her boss's voice filled the office. She quickly stood up and walked towards her.

"Okay Ma'am Heather, are you ready?" she asked.

"Fine, let's begin."

--

Richard told his Dad the situation but unfortunately, there was nothing he could do for him. Feeling helpless but not totally hopeless, he spent the night trying to form the perfect plan so he could be forgiven. And finally, after several hours of thinking, he finally found one. He walked out of his room with a smile on his face. Richard then went downstairs and walked straight to the kitchen to make some coffee.

A few minutes later, his phone started ringing. He pulled it out of his pocket and answered the call without looking at the screen.

"Hello?" he asked.

"Hi ... Richard."

"Claire?"

"How are you and Maine?"

"Still not good, but I have a plan."

"That's great. Look, if you need anything and I mean ANYTHING ... just give me a call so I can help."

"Thanks, Claire."

--

"Okay Ma'am, I can still incorporate yung trip naming sa article ko." Maine started.

"How? Paano mo isasama yun kung palpak ka nga?"

"You wanted me to produce an article with proper reality punch and at the same time, some positive vibes. I can give you that by telling things about our trip. Pwede kong ikwento kung saang lugar pwedeng pumunta yung mga gustong mag-move on, kung ano yung mga pwede nilang gawin. I cana lso give them tips and advices. Then towards the end I will remind them that you can't teach the heart to forget. Na ang pag-move on ay hindi pwedeng i-contain sa limited time schedule. It will happen on its own kaya dapat i-enjoy na lang ang new found freedom and open your heart kapag ready ka na." Maine said. She breathed a sigh of relief after she uttered the last word. Ms. Heather stared at her for a few moments before she gave an answer.

"I like it ... 24 hours ... kapag wala yung finished article sa desk ko this time tomorrow morning say goodbye to your job, do you understand?"

"Yes po. Thank you!" Maine replied in a gleeful tone.

"Okay ... you may go ... don't fail me again."

"I won't, I promise. Thank you." Maine uttered and quickly left the office. She returned to Camille with a huge smile on her face.

"What happened?" her friend asked.

"I have 24 hours to save my job. She liked my new concept." Maine answered while shoving her stuff inside her bag. After doing so, she closed the zipper and placed it over her shoulder.

"Nice ...oh san ka pupunta?"

"Home ... I have to focus on this." She said. Maine then left the office hoping she would able to turn everything around.

--

After eating breakfast, Richard went to the restaurant to start his day. He also placed a couple of calls on his connections to make sure his plan will work.

"Ba, bro, mukhang masaya ka ngayon ah. What's happening?" Tristan asked him.

"Nothing ... I just ... ugh, never mind."

"Are you good with Maine?"

"Not yet ... but I already have a plan." Richard said with a smile on his face.

"Great ... what is it?"

"It's a surprise."

--

"Yes Mommy I'm okay. Don't worry, I can still write an article." Maine told her Mom as soon as she got back to her apartment. She threw her bag on the couch and went straight to his bedroom.

"Sure ka ah? May family business naman tayo in case matanggal ka jan."

"Hindi ako matatanggal ... okay?"

"Fine ... ingat ka jan ah? Love you, anak."

"I love you too, mommy."

"Nga pala ... kumusta na kayo ni Richard?" her mother asked. Maine rolled her eyes and grunted.

"Ugh ... tapos na yung silbi ko sa buhay niya .... Okay? I told you this before, trabaho lang po kami."

"Mukha kasing hindi eh ... I saw the way you look at him ... may laman eh."

"Mommy, showbiz ka eh no? Wala akong gusto sa kaniya okay?"

"Ba ... wala naman akong sinabi na may gusto ka. Meron ba?"

"Wala. Sige na, I have to go." Maine replied before ending the call. She then buried her face under her pillows and screamed at the top of her lungs.

--

Later that afternoon, Richard went to a nearby coffee shop for an appointment. His plan officially started.

"Hello, hugot chef." The lady asked before setting herself on the seat right in front of him.

"Ms. Heather, good afternoon. How are you?"

"I'm good, ikaw?"

"I'm fine ... I'm here to talk about Maine."

--

last chapter na guys!!! stay tuned for the finale!!