III. - First Day -

"Where are we going? Please tell me you have a plan." Richard asked Maine a few minutes after they got to the freeway. The young girl smiled and pulled her tiny notebook from her bag. He saw her lips curl, she's obviously excited.

"Sa Blue Rock Beach Resort. Sa may baloy sa Subic, alam mo yun di ba?" she asked him.

"Yan ang hirap sa inyo eh, akala niyo alam na namin lahat. Hindi pa oy, akala niyo may sagot kami sa lahat. We're just as clueless as you kaya wag niyo masyadong inaasa samin yung mga tanong na pwede niyo naman sagutin." he replied, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Ay grabe siya, may GPS naman 'to siguro di ba?"

"Yep. Pero there's the problem, sira siya."

"Sira? How?"

"Eh kasi di pa rin niya tinuturo yung landas papunta dun sa ka meant to be ko eh."

"Edi wow." Maine answered. Richard glanced at her and saw the very distinctive look on her face. She already wore it once before she got into his car, the look of determination. Richard can see that she really wants to help him. And he appreciates that, he appreciates that so much.

"So bakit sa Subic?" he finally asked, wanting to know the scope of her plan.

"Kasi ... kami may ari nung resort dun." she answered and his heart almost skipped. Richard had to keep his eyes on the road just to make sure he won't lose focus and bump into another vehicle.

"If you're the daughter of a freaking resort owner, why the hell are you working as a writer for a shitty shady chick magazine?" he asked.

"Kasi, I wanna make a name for myself." she replied and he totally understood her. Richard is in the same position. His family's filthy rich but he chose to stay away from them so he can build an empire of his own.

"That's nice. So does it mean ipapakilala mo na ako sa parents mo? Wow, ang bilis hah? Just so you know, di ako kalad-karing lalaki. I have dignity."

"Patingin ng dignity. Ikaw kanina ka pa eh." she said and he smiled. Right at that moment, Richard already realized how fun and crazy their journey will be.

---

The two finally reached their destination a few hours later. Maine stretched her arms and legs after she got out of his car.

"Good Afternoon Po!" one of the staff greeted her right away, every single employee of the resort knows who she is.

"Good Afternoon."

"Boyfriend niyo po?" the staff asked her, pertaining to Richard who is still busy gathering his stuff inside the car.

"Yan? Hindi ... brokenhearted yan. He's my latest project." she replied and winked.

"Ah kilala ko yan!"

"You do?" she asked.

"Yan yung hugot Chef! Sikat na sikat yan sa online ngayon, sobra." the staff replied. Much to Maine's surprise, she found a phone in her hand. The staff then quickly went to Richard's side and smiled at her.

"What the hell is going on?" he asked.

"Sir, pwede pa-picture? Ma'am? Pwede paki take yung picture?" the staff asked and Maine mouth fell open.

"Ay grabe, ako pa inutusan." she said but did it anyway. After Maine took the picture, she shoved the phone back to the staff and walked towards Richard.

"I'm sorry for that." she said.

"Okay lang, sana'y naman akong binibigla eh. Parang yung pag-iwan ni Claire sa akin, biglaan."