V. - Second Day -

"Sorry na." Richard said but Maine ignored him. She just continued walking away as fast as she can from the restaurant. Her face is still as red as an apple. Richard caused a scene, an embarrassing one that will probably haunt her for the rest of her already quite unfortunate life.

"Huy!" Richard said, they now got back to the hotel.

"Ewan ko sa'yo." She finally answered.

Richard then grabbed Maine by the arm and whirled her around. Maine's eyes widened after their faces ended up only inches apart.

"Ano bang kailangan kong gawin para mapatawad mo? Sawang-sawa na akong iniiwan eh." He said in his deep voice. Maine quickly pushed him away and glared at him.

"Mainit na sa labas, do you want Ice cream?" he asked.

"Ice cream? Anong tingin mo sa akin? Grade Two? No, I don't want Ice cream and I certainly don't want to make sundot your egg!."

--

"Isa nga pong scoop nung Avocado Macchiato, Isang Mango tsaka isang strawberry." Maine told the vendor. Richard smiled at the sight of her happy face. He found her weakness, and that is Ice cream. A few more minutes later, she returned and gave him his cup. Richard looked at it and the violet color quickly got him disappointed.

"Bakit Ube?" he asked her.

"Eh, may kasalanan ka pa eh." She replied, giving him a grin. Maine then started taking small scoops after small scoops off the three-flavored ice cream cup she ordered. The young chef just let out a sigh and followed her outside.

"I thought you don't like ice cream?" he asked, teasing her.

"Di ko pa kasi 'to natikman." She answered. After a few more minutes of walking, the two decided to settle inside a hut to shield themselves from the hot weather and the heat of mid-morning sunlight. Maine sat on one corner and he made his way to the other.

"So Ms. Maine, what will be our lesson for today?" he asked her.

"Acceptance ... the second lesson of moving on is learning how to accept what happened." She said, voice full of wisdom its already captivating.

"You will teach me how to do that, right?"

"Of course."

"So let's start then."

"Mamaya na. One important thing to know kung bakit we needed to leave the city eh para makapag-unwind ka. You need to be okay not only with your heart but also with your mind. Aba eh, kung pero lessons lang pala edi sana di na tayo lumayo di ba? You should enjoy and relax what you missed nung kasama niya." She answered and then looked away. At first, Richard did not get the point. But after letting her statement echo inside his head for a good few seconds, he finally got what she was trying to say. One of the first steps of moving on is detaching yourself from your everyday life so you could focus on the things that truly matter.

"So what are we gonna do for the mean time?" he asked her.

"Magsusundutan ng itlog." She answered and Richard's eyes widened. Letting instinct take control, he placed the ice cream down and covered his crotch.

--

Maine rolled her eyes after she saw Richard's move. She let out a sigh and threw the empty ice cream cup on the trash can.

"Hindi yang itlog na yan, loko ka talaga. What we're gonna do today is an exercise. I want you to say every single thing na gusto mo sa kaniya." She said.

"Huh?"

"Wag ng madaming tanong, gawin mo na lang." Maine insisted. Richard let out a sigh and started listing down the things that made him fall in love with Claire.

"Aside from her hotness, she is very mabait. She's caring, understanding and she loves adventures. Masipag, she can handle her own. Ano pa ba ... Corny yung jokes pero matatawa ka sa effort niya. Yung smile niya ... the way her eyes sparkle kapag may nakikita siyang Dog. Very religious tsaka close sa family. You know what? I like everything about her and it will probably take me entire day bago maapos." He said and looked at her.

"Oh bakit naka-smile ka?" Richard then asked again. That's when Maine became conscious and let her smile disappear.

"Wala man, na-in love ka talaga sa kaniya ano?"

"Yup. Kaso wala eh, binitawan na niya ako. Nawala na yung pag-ibig niya. Ngayon di ko na alam kung minahal ba niya ako in the first place."

"I'm sure minahal ka non."

"Sana."

Ten minutes later, the two left the hut and started making their way back to the hotel. Maine looked at Richard and saw his serious face.

"Himala, wala ka yatang hugot ngayon?" she asked.

"Ganiyan talaga kayong mga babae eh no? Kapag nanjan naiinis kayo at lagi niyong pinupuna tapos kapag wala na hinahanap niyo naman. Kaya nahihirapan mga lalaki sa imyo, di naming alam kung ano talaga gusto niyo."

"Ay jusko, ayan na. Sana hindi na ako nag-tanong." Maine replied and did a quick face palm.

"Isa pa yan. Kung kelan nasabi niyo na lahat ng masasakit, dun niyo pagsisisihan. Kung kelan nasaktan na kami dun kayo kakabig. Why are all girls like that?" Richard asked her.

Maine was about to say something, but then someone approached them and asked if she could take a picture with Richard. He gave the girl a confused look but took a photo with her anyway.

"What's with that girl?" he asked.

A thought then crossed her mind. Maine quickly brought out her phone and opened her Facebook account. She then went straight to Richard's video and her eyes widened after seeing how many views he already got.

"What is going on?" Richard asked her.

"The video you made ... seven million views na."

"Holy shit."

--

whoops, viral na si hugot chef. stay tuned for more :)