Cree

Its 3:00am and cree couldn't help but feel the urge to go outside. Especially because Mike was out so cree was free for a little while. It was still dark. The cold light breeze bit at his pale skin. The streets were quiet and empty. He could feel his own heart beat. He sat there at the curb of the street, still, in silence. He let the air nip his nose while he shivered. His thoughts lingered here and there "I hope Mike doesn't come back?" he thought. "What time does mom have to go in for work today?" "I wonder what Chrissy's doing right now?" He stopped thinking and mentally smacked himself.

"Why am I so stupid?" He whispered.

Then he heard a very familiar voice "You're not stupid bro. I just rub off on you." It was Brady walking down the street, throwing his arms all over the place and walking silly like always. Cree groaned.

"What are you doing up at 3 in the mornin?" Cree smiled

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Brady said sarcastically

"Shut up. Nobody asked you to."

"No but I had a feeling you were up so I came over."

"Yeah right."

"No i'm serious I saw you from my room"

Brady pointed to the luxurious apartments in front of Crees house. They both laughed and nudged each other. Cree was curious though. What was Brady even doing looking out his window at three?

"What were you doing looking out your window at three?"

"Oh nothing you know just talking on the phone with Chryssy. I gotta tell ya' she's a babe."

Cree felt his chest become heavier.

"What did she say?"

"Nothing really. She's just home alone right now. I was gonna go to her place but then I saw you. Bros before hos right?"

"What were you gonna do at her place though?"

"Her."

Brady laughed as he punched Cree's arm. Cree narrowed his eyes at Brady.

"You shouldn't hurt her."

"Why? Is she your girlfriend? Last time I recall you can't even take care of your own mother!"

Cree fell silent and stared at his feet. Brady knew he shouldn't have said that but Cree was just being annoying. What else was he supposed to do?

"Ay look, man. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that." Brady said.

"It's just that no girl should be played like that...Remember your sister?" Cree whispered.

Brady cringed at the thought. Just a couple weeks ago his sister found out she was pregnant and was left with a broken rib. She still hasn't come out of her room.

"You're right, sorry."

Brady got up and wiped his hands on his jeans.

"I'm gonna go dude. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah. Okay." Cree said.

They both fist bumped and walked opposite ways. Upon entering his home, Cree heard his mother sound asleep which made him happy to know that she wasn't hurting at the moment.