Chapter 8: We meet the wicked witches of the west

Harry's POV

As Hermione, Ron and I were waiting For Nico to arrive to defense of the dark arts class we were talking about how exactly we would confront Nico about how he has taken a liking to Ginny.

Nico was not right for Ginny, he always looked like he was bearing a weight on his shoulders and would probably stress her out with any problems he had, he was even worse than Dean, Ginny needed someone who was just as amazing and good as her.

My daydream was soon cut short by laughter, Ginny and Nico were laughing their way to us, whatever joke he told I'm sure wasn't even that funny but, maybe, it was because she liked him back, no she wouldn't like him, would she?

As Ginny walked past us leaving Nico as she says goodbye, Ron wastes no time.

"She's off limits" Ron says in a threatening tone, which surprised me, although he doesn't really like the thought of his sister dating anyone.

From there Nico kept denying that he liked Ginny but we didn't believe him, he talked awkwardly which gave us more confidence that he actually did. By then more people had started to turn up to class, most weren't paying attention to our conversation except one blond from Hufflepuff, I think he was Nico's friend, who distracted me with a smile and raised eyebrows as in to say what the hell are you on about.

He started to walk up behind Nico, Hermione and Ron hadn't seemed to notice as they kept trying to get Nico to confess.

Before I could ask the boy what the hell he was doing, he had already spun Nico around and with no time to spare he kissed him on the lips and Nico had kissed him back and then suddenly I felt like an Idiot. A very big Idiot.

"Believe him now?" Nico's friend- no sorry boyfriend said leaving us shocked and kerfuffled.

And with nothing else to say they went into the classroom, we did too interested in who would be the teacher this year, lets just say the teacher may as well been green and on a broomstick.

We walk into the classroom to be greeted by who I assume was the teacher, she was slightly taller than me, which didn't say much as I was quite short, she had short brown hair and was very pale, she was probably heading to her early forty's but even so she wore a short skirt and much to high heels with an awful top, she reminded me of someone but I couldn't think of who.

She started the lesson off quickly "everyone put your wand at the front, and then go sit in a seat, there should be a sticky note with your name on it, that is where you will sit until I say otherwise".

I was starting to remember who this reminded me of. However I did what she asked and sit at the table for two, where my name was. I noticed the new student Hazel who was playing with her sticky note which I assume had her name on it next to me.

Until I found out her age this morning I hadn't realised how young she actually was, she acted quite old for her age, which made it hard to believe that she was only thirteen, she gave me a small smile and mouthed 'Harry right' I nodded and assumed she mouthed it as she didn't want to get told off by the teacher.

"Hello everyone I am Professor Henderson and welcome to defense the dark arts, I advise you to stop moaning about your wands we will be using them soon enough how ever first" she says while casting a spell to make some big thick books to hand out to everyone, making big thuds when they landed at each persons desk.

"I need every single one of you to read these books about wand safety before we even touch our wands and learn about defending ourselfs" she said smiling a very fake smile.

Yup I knew who this reminded me of....Umbridge.

Hopefully she's different.

"Hang on" I say "We learnt about wand safety in our first year, why do we need to learn about it now"