Tré Cool

Billie was soon at Gilman Street, feeling lonely and depressed as ever. He was thinking about everything again and again; the fight, Al leaving the band, him breaking up with Erica, and now Mike deciding to go to college. Life was going great for him.

"Hey Billie."

Billie turned his head around at the familiar voice. Lawrence Hayes, more commonly known as Larry Livermore, the owner of Lookout! Records.

Larry, despite being forty-three years old, looked quite fit and young. He had an air of superiority about him, and it suited him well too; that guy knew shit.

He smiled at Billie, approaching him and shaking his hand. "How did the auditions go? You found a drummer yet?" Billie shrugged.

"No man," he said, trying to mask his misery. "I don't know. This is shit."

Larry pursed his lips and nodded solemnly. "I understand what you're feeling right now. What did Mike say about this?"

"He's going to college," Billie sighed, leaning back against the graffitied wall.

Larry looked a little taken aback. "What? Is he—"

"He said he just needs a little time to clear his head. He didn't say anything about the future of our band."

"Well, I thought..." Larry trailed off.

"You thought what?" Billie looked at him, eyebrows furrowed.

"Well, I kinda arranged a temporary replacement for Al."

Billie jumped a few inches up. "What? Really? Who's it? Do they play well?"

Larry chuckled. "Relax Billie, relax. At least give me some time to answer your questions. First of all, yes, really. I managed to find you an amazing drummer in just a week. He's experienced, playing since he was twelve," Larry paused, looking at Billie. "Now he's eighteen."

"My age?" Billie asked.

"Yes, your age," Larry confirmed. "Now let me talk."

"Sorry," Billie said, scratching the back of his head.

"He's really different. He has a unique style of playing, and he's very fun to be with... I know you'll love him. I just— oh, here he comes."