Reckless Behaviour

AN: Hey guys, so I know it's been basically a year but I'm back! I've missed Anger Management and quintis and writing and you guys! So I apologise for leaving y'all hanging and hopefully y'all would still like to continue reading! I'll update as soon as I can.

*3 months later*

Toby's POV

Toby hadn't seen Happy in a week and even though it'd only been seven days, it felt like a year. His eyes yearned to look into her amber ones and it felt as if his skin would burn until the moment he touched her.

And so he found himself in front of her apartment door with a dozen lillies. Unorthodox flowers for a beautiful unorthodox woman. For some reason, he was nervous. His hands were clammy and his heart was beating erratically; he'd have to calm himself down before knocking, otherwise he would look like a teenager nervous to ask an older girl out.

Toby took a few steady breaths, bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet. He would master this simple emotion or he wasn't a genius psychiatrist.

After about a minute of whispered pep talk, he raised his arm to knock on the door. Just as his fist hit the wood, the door gave way and he nearly fell into Happy's apartment.

Happy let out a long peal of laughter, almost doubling over. Toby watched in amusement as her eyes squeezed shut and her laughter rang out through the hallway. Looking at her, he couldn't help but think that she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen and that he could spend the rest of his content life just watching her laugh.

Eventually Happy sobered up and Toby could tell how much effort she had put into her appearance that night. She was wearing a knee-length black dress that accentuated her curves without being tacky. Her skin literally glowed and her smile made Toby's heart nearly beat out of his chest. So much for breathing exercises, he thought.

Happy cleared her throat and looked down and Toby snapped out of his daydreaming.

"You look amazing, Hap," he said softly, handing her the flowers. As the blush spread over her cheeks, she leaned down and smelled the flowers and Toby nearly proposed to her right then and there.

"You don't look so bad yourself, Doc." She teased.

With a pleased smile Toby reached his hand out to grasp hers. "Are you ready to go?" Happy nodded and the couple left, all the while Toby's heart nearly beat out of his chest.

**

When they arrived at the club, Toby had to admit that he was pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was electric and the beat of the music was steady and fast. This wasn't at all where he pictured Happy going out to dance.

Happy smiled and led him in, passing the bouncer with a smile. The bouncer nearly fell over his feet opening the red belt for her, and Toby hoped that they didn't know each other very well. The never ending row of people winding around the building's corner groaned simultaneously, and he found himself chuckling.

Once inside could Toby fully appreciate the splendor of the club. Tables and booths were spread around the room, with a clear space in the middle where people were dancing. They found their way to the bar where Happy ordered a beer and Toby got a water.

Happy looked at him with furrowed brows. "Just a water?"

"Yeah Hap, I'm doing my best to avoid things that remind me of gambling, and alcohol happens to be one of them. Feel free to have one for me though." He smiled, still looking around the club.

After a minute of silence Toby looked over to Happy to see why she was so quiet. She was looking at him with absolute admiration in her eyes, and something else, something that made his cheeks burn and his insides feel warm and soft. "I'm really proud of you," she said, softly enough for just him to hear and took his hand, giving it a light squeeze before clearing her throat quickly and starting to walk to a booth. Toby didn't think his smile could get any bigger.