Chapter Four

"Rick!" Michonne and I scream at the top of our lungs.

Rick, who was with Daryl and Tyrese and Carl, looks up at us frantically.

"They're here," I pant. "My dad..."

Carl, sensing that I might faint, goes over to my side and stays there. Michonne explains to Rick what's happening. I take out my knapsack and pull out his gun and silencer, the initials 'C.G.' carved onto the side of both.

He grabs it and looks at me, shocked.

"When Daryl and I went on a hunt I went back home fast and grabbed these. My Dad didnt see me. Nobody did. But I had to get them for you," I say.

He smiles grimly and says, "But now we have to put it to use."

Then Carl remembers that my gun is out of ammo and says, "You have extra in your bag now, don't you? Lets go!"

He drags me down the hall as the sirens go off. We quickly reload my gun, quickly grab our things, I catch Jai in the hall, and we hurry to join Rick and the rest of everyone.

I cling to Jai's arm as we spot them.

Carl starts to yell to Rick, who's looking for us, but then there's an explosion nearby. It sends the three of us flying. Carl hits his head hard on the concrete ground.

My ears ringing, I pull Jai to his feet and we work together to carry a now unconscious Carl towards his father.

"Rick!" I scream. "Rick!"

The smoke clears, and Rick's shadow appears.

"Rick!" I scream much louder.

He turns to us. "Carl!" he gasps.

Daryl's driving as the car swings around.

"Come on, we have to go!" he yells out the window.

Another explosion goes off, but I hang tight onto Carl's limp arm and we all stumble to the car.

Rick gets in first, then Jai, then I get in, carrying Carl in my arms.

I sit in the backseat and close the door, and Daryl presses hard on the pedal. The car jolts forward and we speed away from the burning prison.

The ride is silent. After an hour passes, Carl is still out.

I tuck his dark hair behind his ear and shake his arm lightly. Rick watches from the front seat.

"Come on, Carl, come back," I mutter, searching for any signs of life from him.

"I got him," Beth volunteers.

I go to give him to her, but he grabs my arm. Everyone stops, hardly daring to breathe, as his eyes flicker open.

Which is when Rick starts sobbing and takes him from me.

Relief floods through everyone's expressions, even Daryl in the drivers' seat. Beth smiles and tugs on my arm.

I turn to her to see her smiling, but the person tugging on my sleeve is Judith.

I chuckle and lift her up into my arms.

Rick helps Carl sit up, and the first thing he sees is me and his sister.

"We're having a road trip, in case you haven't realized," Glenn shrugs.

"Everyone's here, right?" Rick asks, looking around.

Out of everyone, the person I want to find the most is my brother, so when I do, I'm okay.

Then I smell something bad and screech. "Ew!"