Battle

**Zak's pov**

I get on the plane heading to Florida. I have to do this. I have to end it for her sake. She can't live in fear and hide for the rest of her life. She needs a chance to really live while she can. Last night was just amazing. I should have said yes along time ago. I love her with all of my dead heart. She's my queen.  I board the plane sitting in the back away from all the people. This is it. I'm going to kill him. I hope I don't get myself killed. I can't leave her all alone. She needs me. I pull out my phone and text her. "I'm on the plane. I love you so much."  "I love you too, Zachary. Zak, I'm scared."  "Why?"  "I'm scared you won't make it back."  "I will don't you worry."   "I am worried."  "We'll stop it. Have some faith in me."  "Okay."  "Are the guys there?"'I text her. "Yeah, Nick is here too."  "I didn't tell him to come ."  "It's fine. I'll just wear the ring."  "Yeah, I'll do that." Harley and I talk until I get off the plane. I go to a hotel and check-in. Tomorrow I'll hunt him down. I pull out my phone and FaceTime Harley. "Zachary." She smiles at me. "Hello, my queen." I smile back. "How was your flight?"  "Terrible, everyone smelled so damn good." "Did you feed before you got on?"  "No, I'll feed soon. I'm going to need my strength." "Okay." "Are the guys there still?"  "Of course. They take turns to go feed, so I'm not left here alone. Right now, it's Nick and Aaron who are here." "Are you wearing the ring?" I ask her. She holds her hand up, showing it to me. "Good." I smile at her. I then look closer. "Why is it on your wedding ring finger?" I smile. "No reason." She blushes. "Tell me." I smile.  "Nope." "Tell me." I command her. "I like to pretend you proposed to me." She tells me. "Aww, that's so cute." "Damn it, Zachary."  "One day, it will be a real ring," I promise her. "One day." she smiles widely.  "I can't wait for that day." she laughs. I hope I'm still alive so I can give her that special moment.  "Me too, love." I smile for her. I can't let her know I'm scared. She'll worry too much. "You need to hurry home." she smiles then bites her bottom lip. "Oh yeah?" I smile at her. "Yeah, hurry home so I can love you."  "Oooh." I smile and raise my eyebrows. "So hurry home." "honey, I will." I smile. She then yawns tiredly. "Go to sleep, love. I'll be home soon."  "I love you, Zachary. You're my hero." "I love you more, baby girl. Get some sleep. Do me a favor. When I text, you don't reply or call me. You could blow my cover." "alright. I understand. "  "Good night, my love."  "good night, my king." she then hangs up. I'm going to miss my baby. I go out of the hotel and hunt.

Dawn, I pull out my phone and text Harley. "My love, my queen. I just want you to know you mean everything to me. When I first laid eyes on you, I knew you were the one. It is my duty to protect you and keep you from harm. I hope I can end all of this so you can live without fear. My dear, for you, I would die. I'll risk my life so you can live without strife. I love you with all of my dead heart. Hopefully ill be home soon. I love you with all that I am. -Zachary."

I get out of the room and walk out of the hotel. I run to the swamp where he is supposedly hiding. I see a small cabin. I smell the air to smell the scent of vampires. They are here. I'll wait until nightfall to make my move. I'll move in under the cloak of darkness. Soon darkness fell—time to make my move. I sneak up to the cabin and listen to the thoughts—There are about six vampires in there. I felt a secure connection with one. 'Come outside.' i order him. He comes outside under my trance. 'Don't move, don't scream,' i command him. I go over and snap his neck, then drain him of his blood. I finish him up, not spilling a single drop. I can't spill a drop, or they will smell it and get on to me. I tap into the next mind. "I'm going to check on him, make sure he's okay." he then comes out. 'Don't move and don't speak.'  he then looks at me, shocked. I snap his neck then drink him. I then leave just three in the house. I felt someone jump on me and bite me. I throw them off. "You!" he growls deeply. I look and see it was Damion. "Shouldn't you be protecting your mate?" he smiles at me.

"I am. You leave her alone! She's done nothing wrong." 

"A mate for a mate." he flashes me an evil smile. I'm going to kill him. "I'm going to make you feel my pain."  "I tried to warn him not to touch her. He went after my girl." I try to explain.

"I don't care about your reasons! You killed my man!" he lunges at me. I dodge his grasp and slam him into the wall. I felt hands rip me away from him. They held me to the ground. 'Get off of me.' i command them. They get off of me, so I race up, snapping their neck. I get up and see the three left. Just Damion and he's only two living minions. They had me surrounded. I tap into the mind of the tall one. "Kill your friend," I tell him. He then starts fighting him.
"Mind control?" Damion looks shocked. "Damn right." I smile at him flashing my fangs. I'm going to tear his throat out. "You're too scared to fight me without your mind tricks."  I then lunge at him. I kick and punch, trying to get to his neck. He picks me up, throwing me against the cabin. I land on the floor in pain. I get up, ready to continue fighting. The one under my trance stopped fighting then came over to me. "Hold him off," Damion says as he runs away. I continue to struggle with him. "Don't move," I command him, then snap his neck. I run after Damion, following his trail. I watch as he turned around, looking at me then jumped into the river. He then swam away from me. There's no use in me going in after him. He's element is water. I'll get myself killed. I then walk back to the hotel. So close, he was in my reach. Next time I'm going to mind control him. I sit in my hotel bed and pull out my phone. I FaceTime, my beautiful angel. "Oh, Zachary!" She smiles. "Hello, beautiful." I lay down on the bed.
Ooooh still sore. "What happened? What's wrong?" She starts to panic. "So I found Damion and his crew. They fought me, but Damion got away."  "Wait, Damion is a man?"  "Yes, they were gay," I explained.  "Oh." She nods her head.  "Yeah."  "When are you coming home?" She asks me. "I'll be home tomorrow. I have a feeling he's not going to bother us until he gets a new coven."  "I see. Well, hurry home."  "I will, baby girl."  "I love you." She smiles at me then yawns.  "Go back to bed. I'll be there when you wake." "How are you going to do that?"  "I'll leave tonight."  "No, you need to rest." "I'll rest on the plane. I want to see my baby girl." "Okay." She sighs.  "I'll be home soon. You and I have some business we need to attend to." I wink at her. She smiled a big white smile then blushed. "Alright. I'll see you later."  "Good night, baby." I hang up. I go out of the hotel catching a cab to the airport. I board the plane and get on. I get to see my queen.

I pull up to the house and rush inside to see the guys lounging around. "Thank you. You can go home now." I tell them. "Anytime, bro." They smile then go out. I run upstairs to see her asleep on the bed. I look at her hand to see she wore the ring. I can't touch her. 'Wake up,' I command her. She opens her eyes and then smiles at me. "Zachary!" She goes to hug me. I speed away from her touch. "What's wrong?" She looks at me, upset. "You're still wearing the ring." I explain. She goes over to the ring box and puts it in there. I run over to her, scooping her in my arms. I place her on the bed. "You're all mine." I smile at her.