Chapter Fifteen

My throat clogged up as Daryl spoke. Brynne was staring at us, her eyes wide. I walked over to the wall and leaned my head on it, then took a deep breath.

"Don't freak out, Addie. Please," Daryl said quietly.

I turned back to him, my expression blank. "I won't. For your sakes."

Daryl looked to Reiko. Blood dripped down her forehead. He kneeled down next to her. "Reiko... Reiko...." She didn't move. He put Luke in my arms and scooped Reiko up. I could see the fear in his eyes.

"Stay here with them," I said, knowing I would piss him off. "Please. I'll get Thomas and we'll be out of here."

Daryl just stared at me.

"Daryl. Let me go."

He let out a shaky breath. "F-Fine. Hurry."

I nodded quickly and ran out of the room. I had no idea where I was going, but something in my head was telling me I wasn't far. The cellars... I remembered when Collin and I came through the well. The area nearby me was similar to the place. The air was thick and it was hard to breathe. The halls got quieter and quieter as I walked.

Suddenly, the silence was interrupted by a scream. I didn't know if I was scared or not at that moment- but I knew I wanted to find out where it came from. I started walking faster. By that point hearing screams and crying was Déjà vu. The cellars finally came into view. The screaming was at its loudest- then, suddenly, it stopped and turned into sobs. My breathing got heavy. I became anxious.

I peeked at each cellar, and finally stopped at one. I could see a figure sitting in the corner, blood soaking the floors around them. The door was open, which got me suspicious. Yet, I ignored it.

"Who's there?" The person called, whimpering in pain.

"Ade-"

"Addie...?!"

I let out a broken sob and threw myself on top of them. "Tommy!" He held me tightly. We both were crying louder than Luke ever had, which in my mind was absolute exaggeration. I knew blood was getting all over me. Thomas was a mess- he had cuts all over him, and was bleeding from head to toe.

I gave him a kiss on the lips. It felt like I'd done that millions of times before, but really, I hadn't. "I love you. I love you so damn much."

"Y-You must be high...."

A loud crash interrupted us. Thomas held me in his arms, his body frozen in fear. He wasn't even breathing.

"Looks like Addie found us, huh?!" A voice shrieked, giggling. My heart nearly leaped out of my throat. The voice wasn't any normal person- it was enraged spirit. I hadn't seen many, but I knew exactly what they sounded like.

From around the corner, I saw black hair and pissed, leaf green eyes.