Chapter Eighteen - The End

Some days after that it felt like I was the patient, and not the people who really needed help. Thomas denied this, of course, saying I really did need help. Some days I wanted to die knowing that if I had never been born. Ivy, Daryl, Reiko, and Thomas would have never gone through any of this. Ivy was dead, so was Reiko. Daryl committed suicide a week after his wife died. That meant Luke didn't have parents anymore.

As I sat at my desk rethinking this every single day, Kayla, my three year old daughter, would come up to me rambling about the things she saw around the building. Sometimes, Thomas would come in with my six month old son, Drake, on his hip like Reiko used to do with Luke. He would kiss me, then leave both of our kids with me. They distracted me from my brain, which I was grateful for. Thomas wanted them so badly. Before they were born, I think it was all the drugs and medicine that made me agree to have kids. But after, I was more than happy I agreed. Thomas was a good dad, which made it even better. Brynne was a good babysitter.

We continued to work the asylum. The asylum Sophia had lived at was shut down due to evidence of sexual assault and abuse. This time, I didn't have to commit murder to get it to be closed. Many of the patients who were still unstable came to us, and even some of the staff. Believe me, we definitely kept the former staff in place.

After Daryl shot himself, I found my bracelet in his room. It was the thing he was holding the day I woke up- I was too unstable for him to give it to me. I told myself that one day, someday, I would bring Luke to see his parents, and I would take my kids to meet their grandfather and aunt. 

-b.w. & e.e.