Chapter 6: Halloween

The day was finally here. The Halloween concert was that night and the excitement was overwhelming.

All of the hotels, resorts and accommodations were packed full of fans, bursting to see their idols in person. Halloween morning couldn't be described as anything less than insane. Thousands of KISS army members were pressed up against the gates, screaming and yelling to be let inside the park. It was well known by then that the band members were staying in the park, but no one knew exactly where, as that area was closed off from the public.

---------------------------------------------------------

Catman awoke to the sound of screaming in the distance, as he rolled over to greet the new day's sun.

Demon who was already awake, was sitting on top of his cupboard, peering out of the high window which overlooked to the front of the park.

"It's been like this for hours," Demon told Catman. He had sensed that he was awake also.

Catman didn't respond as he was more interested in the two empty beds beside his own.

"Where are the others?" he asked Demon who was still staring out of the window.

Catman's question was answered when a loud pop was heard beside him, startling him.

Starchild and Space Ace appeared out of thin air on the cosmic alien's command as they teleported back into the room from who knows where.

"It's getting out of hand," Starchild looked panicked, as he strode closer to Demon and Catman.

Space Ace just chuckled to himself as he grabbed a beer and collapsed into the grey bean bag beside a fake palm tree.

"What have you guys been up to?" the cat of the group questioned.

"Spying. On the fans that is. We climbed on top of the office and watched them desperately trying to break into the park." Starchild told him.

"It was tempting you know, to show ourselves. But that would send everyone into a frenzy." Space Ace laughed.

------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile on the other side of the park. Calvin and Snede had arrived at work, coincidentally at the same time.

Calvin stepped out of his car and his mouth dropped open immediately at the sight of the thousands of fans almost climbing up the gates.

Snede walked up next to Calvin, his mouth open in shock also. They both stood there, meters away from the crowd, wondering how they were going to get in, themselves.

There was no way getting through the gates would be an option.

Calvin motioned Snede to follow him as they snuck past the fans, towards the side of the park, where some emergency exits were situated. These exits were placed in rides in case of a fire, and lead out to the outside of the park.

Snede quickly removed the keys from his pocket, and unlocked the door, swinging it open to let Calvin enter first.

On the other side lay the chamber of thrills, a ride which demonstrated a range of different horrors, and was a key place which housed many of Abner Devereaux's secret tunnels which he used for evil.

They moved through the ride fairly quickly, passing the horrifying statues glistening under the candle lit torches.

Coming out of the other side and finding the usual day light and screams of fans, the pair hurried over to the gates, unlocking them at last.