Chapter 9: Help

"Well, if Devereaux is thinking of a new plan, then we should probably have one too. Also, you saw how close we were to accidentally letting Calvin know of the situation. It's too soon for that..." Starchild muttered when the band were alone again.

Demon was staring intently at the ground, as Space Ace guzzled down an ice cold beer. Catman was asleep on the roof.

"Demon? Are you listening to me?" Starchild questioned, snapping the man out of his thoughts.

"Yeah. I was just thinking of one. We should wait for him to emerge... and kill him" He said seriously.

At that comment, Space Ace was heard laughing to himself. "We can't do that, then he can't be our personal slaves when we capture him!"

"Let's be reasonable, we can not do anything illegal because well... it's illegal." Starchild told the two. "Besides we want him banished this time, so he can't terrorise anyone in the future. Where's Catman?"

"I'll go get him," Space Ace said as he teleported to the roof. Minutes later he and Catman returned indoors.

"Got any ideas?" Starchild asked the cat. "Useful ones?" He glanced at Demon and Space Ace.

"Actually yes, something that Abner wouldn't expect. Still got Melissa's number?" Catman asked.

"No, but I know who might," Demon told him.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Melissa? Let's see.....ah here it is!" Calvin said as he foraged through the draws on his desk. "But how come you need it?"

"We're inviting her and Sam over to help us with the Mr Lawsen incident," Demon told the confused man.

"But what does Mr Lawson have to do with Melissa?" Calvin questioned.

This was a problem that the four hoped that they would never have to face. If Calvin found out that Mr Lawson was Abner Devereaux, he would be fired, and KISS could never destroy his evil ways for good.

"She's...uh....a family friend of his. You know, she might be able to get him out of the workshop." Said Demon, looking at the ground.

"Right okay. Well good luck, the park is counting on you and your bandmates!" Smiled Calvin, passing him a piece of paper containing Melissa's number.

"Thanks, we'll do our best" Demon replied, leaving the office.

----------------------------------------------------------

"I've got it!" Demon exclaimed proudly when he entered their room.

"Give it here right now!" Starchild yelled with an outstretched hand from across the room. He was already prepared with the phone in his other hand.

"What's the hurry?" Asked Space Ace.

"Yeah, it's not like Abner will have a plan in the next 10 minutes," Catman said, agreeing with his cosmic friend.

"We need as much time as possible" Starchild told the two, as he dialled the number that Demon had just given him. ".........yes is this Melissa?.....It's Starchild."

The other members could hear a muffled "Sam! Sam, Starchild is on the phone!" From an excited Melissa.

After telling her what had been going on down at the park, she told Starchild that her and Sam would be there in less than a day. Because of the way KISS helped her last time, she was more than happy to assist them in return.

All there was left to do was wait until they arrived.

-------------------------------------------------------