Chapter 6:Riddles?

Muriel

We sat around the table---The twins forced all of us to sit at the table and make ourselves comfortable as they both started preparing the dishes that they had cooked for lunch.

Honestly, I didn't have the appetite to eat but I couldn't just tell them that when I saw their efforts to prepare the food themselves.

They were babbling about things going on in the academy at the time that we weren't there and everything else seemed pretty normal but the circle of twelve was told to have gone more popular than ever due to the prophecy.

But most of all, we were glad that Jack was back there and fine, wishing us good luck and promising us his support. After the mission on Earth to retrieve the two Prince's of Idris and supposedly two royal knights, he was sent on another mission on Earth as soon as we came back from there.

Of course, he couldn't say no since it was a mission that required someone that is used to being around humans and him, knowing how to blend in in the human world without arousing suspicion, he was naturally given the task.

Merits of being a former member of the fate of the twelve I think. But thinking about that...

What would have happened if Cassiel and Gabriel never fooled me into agreeing to the duel with Lydia? What would have happened if I never gave in and if Kevin---Raziel didn't declare a duel against Jack? What... Would have happened?

But then... Those things... Were all fated weren't they? If I hadn't agreed then, maybe another would happen later on and Raziel and I will still fall in the position we are now on.

Other than that, its weird to say it but I'm sort of fine with how things are. I mean, I've met great friends along the way. I discovered new things with them, learnt a lot.

I discovered that the person I thought was my brother was actually a divine being. Of course there were tears along the way but there was also fun. Most of all... All of us twelve, we might not say it out loud but all of us are actually yearning to learn more of our past lives and to remember who we were but none would admit that.

I want to know who I was. Especially when...

Queen Cassiopeia's words echoed once again and I breathed heavily, staring down at my hands as I remembered them.

Not too long ago,

There was a beautiful bright star,

Looking down upon the worlds.

Guardian of one,

Servant of the heavens,

Smiled in sweet affection,

It was taboo, that it knew

It knew the rules yet didn't mind,

Embraced both in relinquish,

Sinned and fell it did for the one,

Perfection in imperfections it was,

But reality wasn't a fantasy,

Things turned dark,

The star dimmed,

Things went wrong,

It was a tragedy.

I am surprised that I remember the whole of it clearly, not missing a single word out.