Chapter 3:

Muriel

"Raise your heads precious ones. There is no need for such formalities. Please relax." She stated and we obeyed as we stood properly again.

She gently smiled at us, staring at each one of us one by one but her smile soon then faltered and my heart skipped a bit.

"I know that you carry burdens more than you can bear but... I'm afraid that it's only starting now."

        We stood there, speechless and not knowing what to do or what to say even. Now what do we have to worry about more?

         I internally cried out in anguish and frustrations due to the recent events that have been messing up with my mind and my life ever since I came here but I knew that I couldn't do that in front of everyone. I can't show them my weak side and just cry out when they were all trying their best to be strong although Alfreed looked furious and the others had frustrated looks on their faces. It wasn't easy to just hide your emotions for so long. Bottling it all up, I know that someday, it will just break.

         Only Cyan, Rex, Shingu and Leirum were able to mask their emotions and kept their faces blank while they kept staring at the queen who was staring at us with a somber expression and we waited for her to elaborate the things that we needed to learn off.

          Well geeeez, we know that this is just the beginning of our journey but by how The queen had spoken, I have the feeling that she's somehow hinting about more problems we have to face besides fulfilling the prophecy. Well to hell with that.

          We can't have our proper rest, we don't have the leisure to even be free of our tormenting thoughts for even a moment and it feels like we're all shackled with invisible chains from head to toe.

          We have our memories to worry about and it's exactly what's making more things difficult for us. We can't concentrate fully about other stuffs when those memories of our past lives are distracting us.

          "Your Highness. If you may, can you please... Explain why you say so?" Raziel asked curtly but his tone came out tired and strained while the queen roamed her eyes around the room to stare at each one of us for a moment or two with her golden pair of orbs. However, Raziel's request didn't quite appeal to the queen at most for she said...

          "It can wait for a bit. You need to replenish your energies and have a nice meal instead before I tell you what needs to be told." She stated, pushing herself from her seat on the throne, finality in her voice that made it clear that she wasn't giving any room for any arguments.

          Most of my friends all seemed like they wanted so badly to protest, however, it was clear to me that questioning the queen's orders is a big no no as for now. We were merely guests in this kingdom and we could not disobey the queen. It would be a disrespect to the throne of the mer-kingdom.

          "As you please your highness." Leirum stated, bowing down with his right hand over his heart. If he was annoyed or frustrated, I couldn't quite read his mind at all. His mask was perfect, I couldn't get even a single hint as to what was running inside that head of his.

         His face was stoic----schooled and his face held no emotions as he stood up straight again, the queen gracefully nodding her head curtly, a relieved but a ghost of a sad smile on her lips as her golden hair swam around her face.

          "Then, Vasha. If you would." The queen nodded her head at the direction of her young but wise adviser and the latter readily bowed.

          "Yes your Highness."

          Lady Vasha led the way out, the queen just swimming elegantly behind her with Leirum accompanying her as to comply with the request of the queen.