Chapter 9: Kreshna

Muriel
I panted, trying to catch my breath while I hid behind a broken down building, pressing my back against the wall with adrenaline pumping in my blood as I cursed anything and anyone I hated----well, I hate everything at the moment actually.

Gooooodddd!!!! Why does these things freaking need to happen to me and to us of all people? Man! I'm super duper pissed.

It had been a quarter of an hour since the battle had began and I was already out of breath, feeling drained and terribly exhausted. There were more demons than I had expected to be here as we were warned off and it wasn't good at all adding to the fact that they were all on Rank S and above.

Uhuh, we really are in trouble.

My eyes widened when I heard a blast and the next thing I knew was that the wall beside me, an inch away from my body flew away in no more less than a thousand pieces, smashing against the opposite wall and I cursed under my breath before jumping back and taking off into the air just in time to avoid getting smashed like a sandwich. Whoah, that was close.

I looked down and saw the demon that was after me, a sinister lizard like demon with scales and a pair of large black wings.

It's forked tongue slithered out of it's mouth and it's snake like eyes were pinned on me, mirroring me as it's prey and I groaned loudly.

Raising my hand, a large remnant of the wall rose into the air and I let it fly towards the demon, using it not to squash it with a mere move but I used it as a distraction before I swiftly dove down, burying my blade halfway in the middle of it's head and black blood splattered on my face, making me want to gag at the foul smell but I tightly held onto the hilt of my sword while it loudly shrieked, trying to shake me off.

Well buddy, that would be a hard task to do coz I can't waste any more time on this one when there are so many of them out there.

Tsk. Gritting my teeth, I grasped my shield with my other hand before forcefully smashing it against the side of it's head. Heck, this lizard demon was twice as large as an adult crocodile and it's scale are almost impenetrable!

But my action seemed to anger it more because the next thing I knew was that something collided against my back and I flew into the air, hitting the dusty road and I gasped, rolling in the dirt for a good few seconds before halting to a stop and I groaned in pain, scolding myself for forgetting about it's tail. I can't believe it. How could I forget something so crucial? Tsk.

Quickly looking at the demon, my eyes widened and I rolled to the side on impulse when the lizard tried to smash me flat against the ground with its scaly large fore leg and luckily, it missed me by an inch, making me thank all the gods and deities above that I knew off all in just a second.

Grabbing the chance, I quickly stood up on my feet, unsheathed my other sword and drove it straight to it's neck all the way to the hilt before jumping out of the way as it fell to the ground, twitching before finally turning into dust while I panted to catch my breath.

I only fought with some and I was already this exhausted and adding to the fact that there were more of them out there wasn't helping at all, I could only hope that the others out there were all fine.

Sighing, I stood up, picking my other sword and leaving my shield as I proceeded to find more of the demons that need to be taken care off. We have to exterminate as much as we can before it turns dark. Things would be harder when night falls.
---------------
Violet

"Let's go!" I commanded, the gates opening since it seemed that Raziel had succeeded in reaching it and opening for us.

The royal knights and other warriors all obeyed to the command and we all marched in, dividing ourselves in smaller groups as was necessary.