Chapter 10: battle

Muriel

I grunted under my breath when the large demon wolf or whatsoever collapsed over my small body, trapping me in it's unbelievable heavy weight for at least five seconds before it completely disintegrated into nothing but ash and I was left greedily gasping for air.

Damn Alfreed. I cursed her under my breath as I slowly stood up and dusted myself. Tsk.

"Watch where you throw your demons." I grumbled unhappily under my breath but she merely smirked at me and said...

"It just happened that you're in the way Muriel, no hard feelings." She grinned and I indignantly stomped my foot on the ground, my arms crossed at my chest as I glared at her.

"Yeah, like you're in my way now." I muttered in answer, sending my levitated sword flying straight towards her head, unwavering.

And just as what was expected, her reaction was to immediately avoid it by ducking down with a loud shriek escaping her parted lips.

I watched with a smirk as she stumbled down on the ground, my blade directly sinking to the demon's chest straight to it's heart. The demon undoubtedly planned to get a bite out of the third ranker and Alfreed was obviously distracted so I had to do the deed. Let's just say that I had saved her life.

The demon crumbled down into ashes as my blade zoomed back to my hand while Alfreed slowly stood up, her expression making me grin deviously.

Her eyes were wide with shock as she pointed an accusing but trembling finger at me.

"You could've killed me! I could've died!" She shouted loudly as if it wasn't obvious enough and I grinned wider, raising an eyebrow up as I crossed my arms over my chest once again.

"But you didn't." I answered back matter-of-factly and she gazed at me in utter disbelief like a dumbstruck idiot which in particular made me snicker in content.

"That's not the point! How could you do that to me! Oh my God!!! Those troublesome trio are rubbing up on you!" She frantically shouted and I rolled my eyes.

"The point is, I want to teach you a lesson as to why not to piss me off anymore. Piss me off and I'll answer with a comeback three times worse." I informed and she shook her head furiously.

"You can be pretty insane sometimes. You know that?" She frustratedly huffed and I shrugged without a care. Let her grumble for all I care.

"Remind me not to piss you off in the future."

I looked up when I heard Violet's voice and her loud chuckles and my jaws dropped at the view that met me.

"OH.MY.GOD!" I screamed in shock, gaping like an idiot with my eyes wide in disbelief and my mouth hanging open as I stared at the being before me.

Violet was sitting atop a purple pegasus that looked so majestic and holy in all it's glory, it's wide wing span captivating me as it made powerful flaps that disturbed the air around us and made my hair fly about wildly.

I ignored Alfreed who was still grumbling about me and what I did while I stared at the beautiful horse with beautiful wings. Okay, now I'm repeating words without my intention but then, it's just that it's so freaking beautiful!!!!!

"Meet Aeotopia Muriel. He's my familiar." Violet said with a proud smile on her face as they landed on the ground, the pegasus neighing loudly and throwing back it's head, it's mane cascading like waves as it's front hooves pawed the ground.