Chapter 4 - We Have Been Hiding Something From You

Gem Moralle

Chapter 4 - We Have Been Hiding Something From You

It was almost eleven o'clock at night. When Jesse dropped me off, Blake took me out with some of our friends. Now I am on my laptop scrolling through my twitter. I was doing a good job not thinking about all this nonsense, but as time passed it slowly came back to me. 

I let out a sigh, it was getting late. My mom just went to sleep and Blake should be coming home soon.  I closed my laptop and went into my room. I got underneath my cozy bed covers. I was staring at the ceiling, thinking. I knew it was going to be a long night. 

Does all of this connect to something? Is there really evil coming to the world, or is this all a sick joke? Who knew that in just two days all of this could happen. If I ever were to tell somebody about this they'll think I'm going mad. It's not like when you were younger and everybody believed everything you said. 

I looked at my hand through the darkness of the night. The markings were visible even if it was dark. It looked like someone put the markings on me with a burning stele, well that's how it felt. I still remember the feeling of it back at the café and Jesse's room. I never felt that kind of pain before, but still, what is going on? Since I met Jesse, supernatural things have been happening. The creepy music box, the necklace, my dream, these markings, the vision- the vision!, I thought to myself. 

That was odd. When Jesse touched me it was like something triggered which made me have that vision. But what did it mean when Jesse said I wasn't safe anymore. Jesse's mom said something like that in my dream. "They will soon find out who you are. Tell him to protect you as you both look for the gem," she had said. Is someone really after me? Am I in danger, but what have I done? I'm just a normal seventeen year old girl. I haven't done anything wrong. 

Now I'm over thinking all of this. No one said I was in danger, only in my dream and vision but that didn't mean anything. Did it? Were these signs of something, like my destiny. Jesse's grandmother had mentioned my destiny when I met her. 

I grabbed my phone that was on my nightstand. Asking questions and overthinking things would only stress me out more. Maybe I could play a game to tire me out and keep my mind off of things. As I was playing minion rush, I got a text from Jesse making me die in the game. 

'Hey are you up,' he asked.

I texted him back, 'unfortunately yes.'

He didn't text back so I continued playing my game. After a few minutes I got another text from Jesse. 

'Open your window.' 

I was confused by the demand, but I went to my window opening the curtains. I pulled up the heavy window to find Jesse standing outside. I was bewildered to see him. He climbed inside my room, my window is only a few feet away from the ground. 

Jesse was wearing a pair of sweatpants with a zipped up sweater. I could tell he wasn't wearing anything under his sweater. His hair was slightly messed up, probably from the wind. I wanted to reach out and fix it, but I decided not to. "Hi," I said a little shocked. "What brings your late night visit?"

He ruffled his hair and smirked, "well umm... I couldn't fall asleep and you said that you couldn't either so I came here." He said sheepishly. He looked quite hot when he smirked especially now with his hair slightly messed up and his brown eyes brighter than ever. 

I understood why he couldn't fall asleep. It was probably the same reason I couldn't fall asleep. "Is it because of-."

"What has been happening?" He said taking the words out of my mouth. "If it is then yes." He looked at me through his thick lashes, I felt myself blush but why?