Chapter 5 - Questions and Answers

Gem Moralle

Chapter 5 - Questions and Answers 

7 years before

"Hurry up!" The brunette yelled to her husband as they both rushed back into the car. 

The sun was beginning to set. The married couple had to run away before they found them; before the evil, living creatures found what they were up to and would force them to tell them the truth. They knew they would torture them to get them to spill. They'll beat them nearly to death or lock them up with no food or water for weeks. These were under the orders of their powerful leader; a leader that wasn't human. Either way they would end up dead, that's why they were in a rush. 

"You think they will find it?" The wife asked her husband. 

"No, it's hidden well. They will never have a clue," he half panicked. 

They had to run away even if it meant having to abandon their beloved son. They rather have him living with his aunt and uncle then having him on the run for the rest of his life. They wanted him to live a normal life. He will know the truth one day but that is when he's ready, when the time is right. 

A car came driving towards them at full speed. The husband hit the brakes jerking both of them in the air. The other car stopped as well, but they knew the person in it wasn't ordinary. They caught a last glimpse of the town they have lived in for years. 

~*~

My hands started to shake when Jesse's grandmother began to speak. Every word she said were going to be the answers to my questions that Jesse and I have been wondering. Jesse went still when his grandmother told him that his family was hiding something from him. I guess he didn't think that this was actually more serious than it sounded. 

"There's a legend," his grandmother started. "It isn't really a legend because it is actually true. The people that don't know it's true say that it is a legend."

My body tensed up and I began to feel more nervous. Who knew the truth could make you feel like this. 

"This legend involves our family. Long ago there was a powerful leader. He wasn't human though, he had demon blood in him which makes him stronger than other humans. There is a whole population of them, some are good and some are bad. Some of them resemble humans. The way you can identify them is by a mark. They all have a mark either on their arm or neck or so on. All of them have different marks depending on where they came from." Jesse's grandmother said. 

She is joking, she has to be. There is no such thing of these creatures. They only exist in fairy tales and such.

I let her continue the story, "so this powerful leader, named Zach, was the strongest of them all. He believed that all humans were powerless, useless beings. He wanted to send evil into the world and make every human suffer by making them serve his kind."

"You told me this story once," Jesse interrupted.

"Yes, I thought I could start preparing you, but you only thought it was a story." She said to her grandson.

"Prepare me for what?" He asked, I also wanted to know.

"Let me finish and you will find out," she cleared her throat and began telling the story again. "When people started to find out about his plans they tried to find a way to stop him. Of course they knew they couldn't stop him, they were only human. One day one of the inhuman creatures thought it was wrong for Zach to do this so, he killed him." Jesse's grandmother finished.