Owned.

Well, since I didn’t get any comments on whether they should mate or not…you’ll just have to wait and see what happens…

Pleaseeeeee

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

Chapter Eight

Sonata’s POV

Kyle pulls back abruptly and looks me in the eyes.

                “Sonata, I'm not sure,” he asks, worry in his eyes. I nod and pull back, immediately feeling the emptiness. The only thing that is going through my head is ‘he doesn’t want me ‘‘I chose my mate over my family, now I’ll truly be alone’

                “You don’t…you don’t want to? You seemed like you wanted to last night. Am I not good enough?” I ask, starting to cry, I am abruptly pulled into his lap and he hugs me.

                “Baby, no, I would love to have sex with you. I just wanted to be sure that you are emotionally stable. Especially with what happened last night, I just don’t think right now is the best time. I'm only thinking about you, Love” he says and relief washes over me. I nod and lean up to kiss him.

                He responds immediately and kisses back, in this kiss, I release everything. The hurt, happiness, and the sadness. We make out for a while until I hear my phone ring. I break the kiss to walk over to my bag and get the phone. When I see the caller ID as restricted I am hesitant to answer but curiosity takes over.

                “Hello?” I ask into the phone.

                “Baby, I'm glad you’ve answered. I found that you weren’t home. Where are you? I need to come and pick you up?” a strange voice asks, but somehow I am compelled to answer. His voice is low and assertive; it sends chills down my back.

                “Who is this?” I ask, hesitantly.

                “Let’s just say, your father made a deal, and lost. I'm your, let’s just say, your father in law.” I gasp, and Kyle is beside me in an instant. He takes the phone from me and presses it to his own ear.

                “Listen, Sonata belongs to no one. You can’t have her,” Kyle growls into the phone.

                “I own her, I'm afraid. Her father’s pack and I made this deal a long time ago.” He says into the phone, I can hear him with my sensitive hearing.

                “No…you can’t!” he yells.

                “You must be Kyle, you’re her mate, I assume. Her father told me you would be reluctant. But Kyle, have you ever wondered why your pack and the Hollows are sworn enemies?” he waits a second and finds that Kyle hasn’t responded, “Ah, well, you see, Sonatas father and I were big into gambling…I had a reason to, I always won. Though, he wasn’t as lucky. One night, he was drunk; I tried talking him out of gambling, because he never could keep a straight face when he’s drunk. But, he didn’t listen…long story short, he made a gamble…you…to one of the worst alphas in the country. Though, he had lost a few times that night, and I had been doing very well, I offered him a trade. I gave him money, or you. I saved you, but now, you must be with my son. He’s only a year older than you.” He was talking to me now, knowing I could hear.

                “I don’t get what this has to do with the Shadows pack, though?” I say out loud. Kyle puts the phone on speaker so I can hear better. We move and sit on the couch, the phone set on the table.

                “I thought you’d never ask. Well, The Shadows were disgusted by what we did and they tried to take you as a baby, to hide you, but your father fought them off, with the help of me. Ever since, they have hated each other,” he says, and I gasp. This pack had been fighting for me since before I could even remember; this also explains why Kyle’s father welcomed me with open arms.

                “If only your dad knew that he was keeping you from your mate, but I would have eventually got to you…I own you, honey. You’re perfect for my son, beautiful, smart, and intelligent. All the qualities an Alpha female ought to have.” He says and I shiver at the thought of losing Kyle. Kyle growls slightly beside me.

                “You can’t take her-“he says

                “Wait,” I interrupt their conversation “what if your son finds his mate, he won’t want me then, and so what’s the point in taking me?” I ask, truly curious.

                “Ah, well, it just so happened that his mate died a long time ago, he didn’t even know it was her. He thinks you’re his mate, he will fight to the death for you,”

                “he will know once he so much as smells me, that I'm not his mate!” I yell “and how did you even know who was his mate? We don’t know until we are 16?” now waiting for him to respond I feel the presence of Kyle gone. I look back to see him pacing.

                “We have a special physic in our pack, who told us who his mate was. I know this is cruel, but we took her blood and put it in you, so now, you have the same blood as her. Brandon, my son, will never know the difference. I find it sad that you doubt me so much,” he says and just as Kyle is about to speak “ you go to your dads house tomorrow night, and come with me, or I promise you that you will never see you parents ever again. Have a nice last night with your true mate, honey.” With that, the line clicks and it's quiet in the room.

okay, I know, cliff hanger…but it seemed like the right place to sstop…oo, and ind it's short. I'm sorrrryyyy! The next one will be longer. Promise.

xx Jessica