Chapter 1

Cause you come from the ghetto

Love 'em from the ghetto

You're you the type I like

That's why I keep you right you off the ghetto

Love 'em from the ghetto

- August Alsina

______________________________________________________________________________

"Momma said stay on the porch

if you ain't bout' that life

why the hell you still

hollering pull up like you

bout' that life, i bought a mirror

just-

I shot up from a deep sleep and turned off my alarm that was now singing "Bout That Life" by Rich Homie Quan ft Kwony Cash.

I lazily got up did my hygeine routine and went downstairs. I looked for my mother who was no where to be found which wasn't a surprise she's probably off shooting crack somewhere. I walked past the table which was filled with three needles, bills and crack bags that were methodical and I got me some cereal.

I jogged up the stairs and hopped in the shower, after my 15 minute shower I put on a tanktop,red and white Red Sox baseball jersey, white distressed skinny jeans, gold hoop earrings,tye dye nike zoom Stefan Janoski shoes,a Micheal Kors pocketbook,rolex watch and i put my shoulder length cuban hair in a neat bun.

I grabbed my iphone 5, bookbag and headed out the door into the ghetto streets of Bankhead where I walk past the same group of boy's every weekday who talk about my butt and chest.

That's all people notice about me anyway, My names Deanna but you can call me Dee, i'm 16, I stand at 5'7 mixed with cuban and black. My mom's a drug addict and a hooker my dad? i never knew him from what my mother told me he raped her and left. I fend for myself my mom spends the money she makes on drugs I have a job at footlocker and their pretty generous with free sneakers, most of the other nice things I have are stolen. I know your like what about your Iphone, yes that's stolen too, I just got it flashed. The only people I hang around are my home girl's Daay and Jasmine.

As I walked I got the recations from people."Damn she fine"."Ayo ma when you gone let me hit"."That ass tho".

I rolled my eyes and put in my headphones.

As i headed into the school ready for my weekly beating and daily nagging from the pops, I noticed that they were talking to a new girl who looked just as of snob as they were. I continued to my locker and just as soon as I opened my locker i felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and their stood the pops I felt a burning sensation on my face next thing I know i'm on the ground taking blows to my face and stomach.After they finished i grabbed my stuff and ran to the bathroom to my luck there was no one in their I looked at my face which was now swollen with a busted lip, bloody nose and a black eye. I didn't feel like dealing with anything else so I grabbed my stuff and went home.

When I arrived home my mom was laying on the couch knocked out, I went upstairs to my room and changed into some sweatpants and a tanktop I layed on my bed and slowly drifted off to sleep.

Once I woke I looked at the clock and it was 12:30 and I was hungry as fuck I walked downstairs, ignoring my mother who was rubbing her arm and opened the fridge to see nothing in it."I'm going to the store" I said looking at her she nodded her head I rolled my eyes and went back upstairs to get my phone,hoodie,bookbag and work clothes.

I put the hoodie on and stuffed my work clothes in my bookbag and headed out the door./ Once I got outside I walked 5 mins to some woods were my safehouse was, it's were i keep my money and valueble things like expensive clothes,watches. etc because my mother will do anything for her addiction,I looked down at my wrist and noticed my rolex was missing like i said so that's why i keep things here it's a real nice little house with one room,kitchen,bathroom something like a traphouse my aunt Yolanda found it and said to go here when i wanted to get away that's one of the presents she left me.

I walked into my safehouse and went to the couch pulled the cushion out and got out Fifty dollars all together saved up I had about two thusand five hundred dollars my aunt had given me the two thousand and i saved up the five hundred.

I walked back out of the woods and headed to the store I brought some Takis,Dr.Pepper,Doritos and Skittles then I headed to Footlocker, on the real I need a car !

Ayoo anybody home" I yelled when i stepped into Footlocker, About four employess stepped out. Aye Dee what you doing here so early?skipping"August Said looking down at his phone.

Naa Nothing Like That"I said laughing

He Looked up."Yo what the fuck happened? he asked

Shit !

"Um nothing i just..." I dragged out." I j-just um fell on the um stairs head first" I said looking down

He clenched his jaw and lifted my head examining my face."Who did this? he asked

I sighed."The pops"

Jason and I got to the same school so he knows who i'm talking about no lie August is cute he's lightskin with big lips and dark brown eyes and dimples.

"Really? Why do you keep letting them do this to you" he said touching the scars

"August you know who I like" I Said

"And? That gives them a reason to beat your ass? he said in a questioning tone

"No" I Said

"Exactly" He said

He went to the back and came out with a rag and some water. He sat back down beside me and started cleaning my brusies, I flinched just a little and he rubbed my leg to comfort me.

I looked up at him and he looked back at me.....

he leaned in and I leaned in

and

we

kissed.

You Like or naah? 

but on the real go check out my friend @daayedwards story vote.commemt.share  thankssss