Sherlock and Watson

Sherlock Holmes and John Watson were at it again. They got a case about the disappearance of serial killer that people were saying was a ghost.

"Sherlock do you really think this serial killer is a ghost?" Watson whispered in the silence that surrounded them.

"Shhhh." Sherlock interrupted.

"But Sherlock?"

"If we want to catch this serial killer you're going to have to be quiet!" Sherlock whisper shouted.

"But do you?" John asked again.

"Of course I don't, John. Ghosts aren't real."

Suddenly footsteps were heard walking up the stairs. Sherlock and John rushed out of their hiding spot. They rushed up the stairs and opened the door to reveal the serial killer with a knife in his hand. The serial killer looked at them. He had a mask on that was all white and a black cloak that showed no part of his body. Sherlock and John rushed ahead at him only to find that he was transparent. They both crashed on the ground with a thud. They heard footsteps running out the door and by the time they got up he was gone.

"Do you still think that ghosts aren't real?" Watson asked.

"Nope. Ghosts don't have footsteps."

Sherlock and Watson were back in their flat discussing the possibilities of who the serial killer was.

"John, why do you keep pushing the ghost factor?" Sherlock asked annoyed at Watson's stupidity.

"Well it is almost Halloween." Watson pushed.

"How many times do I have to tell you! Ghosts aren't real!" Sherlock shouted.

"Well then what do you suggest it is!" Watson shouted back.

"A distraction." Sherlock simply replied.