The Missing Beanies (One Shot)

Ethan sits at his desk in the office space, tugging at his headphones to make them rest more comfortably on top of the beanie on his head. He isn't normally a beanie guy, but lately it's been really cold in the office so he's taken to stealing Tyler's beanies and wearing them whenever he's alone, editing. However, he often forgets to give them back and has now collected at least three of Tyler's beanies - the one he's wearing now is probably Tyler's favorite, seeing as he wears it the most.

Honestly, after his last failed attempt at returning the beanies, he'd rather just have Tyler think they're lost than deal with that embarrassment. Ethan shakes his head at himself and looks back at the computer screen, clicking play to make sure this part of the video looks right - no awkward cuts or anything.

As the video plays, Tyler walks into the office with the intent of checking on Ethan. It's the third night in a row Ethan's worked late, and Tyler wants to make sure he gets some sleep because tomorrow's supposed to be a big day going out to meet fans and film loads of stuff. However, Tyler pauses when he distinctly notices his grey beanie on top of Ethan's head. 

He looks in curiosity, wondering why on earth Ethan would be wearing one of his beanies - Tyler knows he already has at least one of his own. Then Tyler remembers the conversation he had with Mark the other day, where he confessed that he does like Ethan - a lot. As the realization dawns on him, Tyler can't help but murmur to himself, "So that's why Mark was asking how I felt."

Tyler stands there, watching Ethan as he works, pondering what he should do. He could leave, and pretend he never saw anything, but that doesn't sit well with him. He shakes his head as Ethan pauses the video to add an effect. After watching Ethan work for a few more minutes, Tyler shrugs, saying, "Oh, fuck it." Ethan turns at the sound of his voice, eyes wide when he sees Tyler walking towards him. 

Before Ethan can say anything, however, Tyler puts his hands on either side of his face and leans down to kiss him. At first Ethan's frozen from shock - when did Tyler even walk in?? - but then he realizes what's happening and he begins to kiss back. He notes that despite the seemingly rough manner Tyler grabbed him, the kiss is extremely soft and sweet, Tyler's thumbs rubbing softly against Ethan's cheeks. 

Face bright red, Ethan brings his arms up and wraps them around Tyler's neck, pleasantly surprised at the turn of events. Tyler slowly pulls away a moment later, pecking Ethan's lips a second, then a third, time and resting his forehead against Ethan's. He brings his arms down, placing them lightly on Ethan's hips, and they stand there for several minutes, registering what just happened. 

Ethan giggles lightly, a grin settling on his face. 

"Does this mean that we're... Boyfriends?" He asks. Tyler pulls back a bit, looking carefully at Ethan's face before giving a smile of his own. 

"I guess so. Though I'm going to have to ask you to give me back my hats, you bean."