The Arrival

First day in and things didn't feel too good. Everything smelled like expired cat nip and sweat. Stained floors, stained walls, full of marks that yelled over-aggression. The lack of windows created a dimmer building lit by artificial lights leaving the concrete walls and metal bars tinted yellow. Nobody smiled. The look of anger and regret was a common expression. Fear was kept inside. Showing weakness in a place like this would be the death of you.

Everyone was humongous, looked mean and forever angry. At the least they would be tatted from head to toe. Tear drops were a common theme. I knew early that I didn't belong.

That little store on the corner had no traffic during that time of the day but I was careless. Karmas a bitch ain't it. The owner and I used to even be close. He used to always offer me discounts and free donuts at the end of the day. I ain't even want to rob him to be honest, but that nigga did me wrong. Caught that man fucking my girl. The only reason I didn't try to kill him was because we were only dating for two months. But still, that shit ain't right. And that mother fuckin' gold-digging bitch was on some other shit. Good riddance.

But how'd I go from robbing a store to prison? Well the story isn't all that complicated.

Long story short, I pull out 22 and held it up at his balding head. I had a mask on but as soon as he heard my voice, he felt empowered. Started talking back like I wasn't the one who could have blown his brains out with a pull of the trigger. He was being real gully, but we all knew that if I took him out, I'd be a mess I wouldn't want to clean up. So he stalled long enough for that cops to show up. I guess I'm just lucky nothing really happened so I won't be locked up for too long. Fucked up my records though. Now I'm here just trying to stay as low key as possible and get out no problem.