Regret

I grow white. "What have I done?" I run. Unsure where I am headed, I just run. Wouldn't be too long before I am getting hunted. Long dark halls seem to go on forever. I take random turns hoping to find my way out. I'm sprinting and the adrenaline is pumping. I don't even feel tired. I begin to see day light and I follow it.

I am now in the courtyard and I run blind as my pupils begin to adjust to the sunlight. I saw a large fence in the distance and I bolted for it. About half way towards it, I hear dogs barking in the distance. Fear pushes me faster.

I reached the fence and begin to climb. Officers are yelling for me to come down. I am now thirty feet up. I'm feeling up hope rushes through me, pushing my tired body to not give up. Now, the officers are yelling, "turn it on!" I'm confused unknowing what they're referring to. As I look up towards my left, I see a sign. "High Voltage". Simultaneously, and even seeming as if it were in slow motion, I realize what was next to come and It does. A volt of electricity runs through me. I yell as release my grip and go plummeting toward the cement. I reach the ground and my legs cannot take the thirty foot drop and loud cracking sounds fill the air. I'm now dizzy when I begin to feel the swing of all five officers beating me with their clubs, neck and all. I black out as my body begins to go numb.