Early Trouble

A few hours later, I had just finished setting up my bed in my cell when it was shower time. I walk into the large open room full of large, naked, men and a lack of much needed dividers. In one corner, someone was getting raped. I went to the opposite corner. *Low key, remember, low key* I thought to myself and didn't say a word. A few moments later, as I lathered my ball sack, the warden walked in. I had heard about this man. They described him as a "racist, controlling, old man with a shrimp dick." He walked towards my way. "What's up nigger" he said with a tone of authority. I didn't look. "Let's try this again. Hello nigger monkey. Respect your elders when they speak to you 'for your ass gets a lynching'". His southern accent was thick. I still didn't look, but anger was now flowing through my veins. My right hand held the soap. Its grip tightened as I clenched my fist. My left hand was on the wall I leaned towards. I still didn't move. I stared at the floor as I watched the water fall over me, breaking its path to flow smoothly around my body. My jaws clenched. "Hmmmm, someone's looking a little angry." That warden continued with a now taunting tone. My heart raced and chills ran through me. I was beyond pissed off. He walks closer and does something that shocked me. He slapped my ass and whispered in my ear. "It's alright. I like you angry." That was the last straw.