Chapter Two

I quickly grabbed a few necessities and took a swig from my bottle of beer before grabbing my phone and heading out the door to an already impatient Cassie. I opened up the Corvette's red door and threw my purse down before taking a seat on the luxurious cooled leather.

I loved Cassie's car.

Her Corvette was her pride and joy and definitely the envy of every other woman in the bar.

"So is it cool if we make a quick stop downtown?" She shouted over the booming music within the car, "I asked Sophie if she wanted to join us and surprisingly she agreed."

"Fucking right!" I exclaimed.

Sophie was another good friend of mine. She and Cassandra had known each other for years. She was a bigger girl, unlike Cassie and I who shared the same slim figure, but pretty nonetheless.

As we made the drive into downtown Ottawa, I checked my phone, quickly regretting it when I saw a text message awaiting my reply.

I outwardly groaned, seeing as the text was from my ex and hating how it was inevitable that I was going to see him tonight.

Braydon Abernathy.

Or as every local cougar called him, the silver fox bartender.

And that he was.

He had perfect grey hair, a square jaw, and rimmed glasses that somehow work for the man. I'd never call him fit, I mean, he does have a bit of a beer belly going on. But he's pushing fifty two and is still partying like its 1965.

Him and I had quite the fling. It was more of an agreement than a relationship I guess one could say. I wouldn't disagree to that assumption either because as the 'relationship' ended, I found myself realizing more and more that he wanted what I couldn't provide.

He wanted a submissive.

I just simply couldn't do that. This wasn't Fifty Shades Of Grey for god sakes, this was real life. Women in this day and age want love, marriage and children. Not shackles, whips and discipline.

So I told him to love me, and he told me to leave.

So leave I did do.

And look back I never did do.

Well, only on the occasions where I feared he'd be pursuing me to whip me back into that realm, or paddle my behind for my disobedience.

But aside from that, I cut all ties with him. No emails, calls, visits, texts, Facebook messages.

Nothing. Until now.

Which reminded me that I had yet to read his text, more or less reply to it.

With that, I decided to read the novel long text in my inbox.

"Stephanie Summers, you meant more to me than you'll ever know. I fucked up. I know that. But let me make that up to you. Let me love you. Think about it. I won't be at work tonight. Took time off to deal with some personal matters. Maybe if you come by the bar late tomorrow we could go back to my place and start fresh if you know what I mean ;) yours, Braydon Abernathy"

I nearly puked right then and there.

Most women would have been dropping their panties and running through traffic for this guy whereas I could see through his false façade. I knew that by 'personal matters' he meant 'railing another hot teen'.

I should have been mad. Infuriated even. Instead I just shook my head in pity. He had to grow up one day didn't he?

I refused to reply. Instead I deleted his text and followed through by deleting his number. Tonight was my night. And I was going to show him that I could get railed well into Monday aswell!